Start a new topic
Planned

Fix A/B Report API call

http://api.maropost.com/accounts/260/ab_reports.xml

That report API returns all A/B campaigns, and often times out due to the amount of data it attempts to return. Please add some ability to filter it, in order to return data in manageable chunks. Either by date like regular report API (i.e. http://api.maropost.com/accounts/260/ab_reports.xml?from=2016-08-01&to=2016-08-31), or by number of results returned by page.

Hi Nick,

You're actually referencing a "backdoor" way of betting access to this data.  A|B Reports is *not* part of our API framwork.  It is in the product enhancement queue to add this report to the API framework.  No ETA just yet.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product and Client Success

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Hi Manny, how do we get data for A/B campaign reports out of the API? Is the only possible way to get this data on the front end? 90% of the campaigns we send are A/B. I don't understand why this data still isn't accessible via the API.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Maybe I am misunderstanding your request.  Let me discuss what is currently available and you tell me if I'm still missing the mark.

You can get campaign delivery and response data out from the API for any type of campaign -- including A|B campaigns.   When you make the GET /campaigns API method call, included in the response payload is the attribute "campaign_type".  Any "campaign_type" attibute with value "3" is an A|B campaign.

Once you have the campaign ID for that particular campaign type, you can then call the various GET /campaignd/:campaign_id/delivered_report|open_report|click_report|etc.  to get the actual delivery and response metrics for each A|B campaign.

Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product and Client Success

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Hi Manny, I understand we can make separate calls to get data for A/B campaigns but there are a few issues with this approach.

If we make a GET /campaigns API call, the response only includes the "parent" A/B campaign ID and the "winner" campaign ID (i.e. "Group A"). It doesn't include the other "loser" campaign IDs that were present in this campaign (i.e. "Group B", "Group C", etc), so it's not possible to get accurate metrics for the "total" campaign (i.e. the "parent" plus the "winner" plus any "losers").

The "backdoor" A/B report api DOES include this info: there's an array of "ab-campaigns" with "ab-campaign" info broken out for each campaign ID. This gives us the complete data we need.

However, the problem with this "backdoor" (as I mentioned in the original post) is that we can't control how much data is returned, using the same parameters that we're able to use with the regular /reports API call (i.e. from/to, per, unique, etc).

Does that make sense?

Nick

Login or Signup to post a comment