Start a new topic

Testing Emails

The testing capabilities are lacking in a couple of different aspects and need improvement:

- Ability to view dynamic/personalized tags for each segment within the tool before and when we send tests to other team members 

- Have the capability to send tests to individual emails, without building a test segment or a list. 

- Send tests with segment or dynamic tags populated for team members to check and approve

7 people like this idea

Hi Manny, 

Thank you for your response. 

As an asset to test dynamic tags/ personalized fields, it would be most helpful to preview them within the tool before sending tests. This would help users to see if they are any layout problems and save time sending tests every time there needs to be a change. 

As an email marketer, based on what is most recommended I found content and dynamic/personalization are elements that help drive data. With personalized/dynamic elements, we are able to streamline emails and provide an unique experience to each individual we engage, thus by providing a better experience to them, drives data. The point the platform gives the ability to create segments, provides the capability to dynamically change content based on the credentials the segments are created. Like other ESPs, I've worked with they seem to regard these aspects helpful for email marketers and saw that it helps streamline their workflow. 

2 people like this

I would like to see an automatic notation that the email is a test added when a test email is sent. Other platforms I have used do this and it's useful for recipients to know which emails are tests and which are live. 

Furthermore, because this feature is missing, I manually add it to the subject line of my test emails. However, if I do this, I then have to remember to delete it before deploying and this does not always happen. I may be the only user with this issue, but I don't think that is likely.

Thanks,

Ryan

1 person likes this

I too agree that an automatic test notation would be helpful. We have quite a number of users that send out many, many internal tests on a daily basis and I could see this as being a nuisance. We are new to the Maropost platform and our previous ESP would add "TEST - HTML" and "TEST - Text" in front of the subject line for all test emails.

Thanks,

Pedro

1 person likes this

Hi Ryan,

I'll check if prepending "TEST" to a test email is a low-hanging fruit. If not, then it will have to be a low priority given the other roadmap items that the development team is currently engaged in.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product Management

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Hi Elise,

- not following what you are asking for with regards to "each segment" and how it relates to sending tests to other team members.  Can you please elaborate?

- I am assuming you are referring to the ability to enter email addresses ad hoc for test emails.  Yes, I'm familiar with this capability in platforms such as MailChimp and others.  However, this capability is only helpful for emails that are non-data driven for dynamic or personalized content.  Most of our clients use our platform for data-driven dynamic content.  Therefore it's not a feature that will be widely used.

- Can you give better clarity regarding "segment or dynamic tags"?  Are you wanting a better way to preview the use of dynamic content tags?

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product and Client Success

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Login or Signup to post a comment