Start a new topic

Allow a one-off send of a recurring campaign

We have a number of recurring campaigns and when they get set to draft accidentally, they don't go out as scheduled. We'd like to be able to send a recurring campaign out once on demand to make up for a missed send and then reset the same campaign to recurring to start again the following day. Currently, if you do a single send on a recurring campaign, the campaign is done and you have to duplicate it to set up a new one or create a new separate campaign for the one-off send. 

Hi Lindsay,

Sorry for the delay.  I didn't see your request in the list I normally review.

Have you tried just editing the recurring campaign, and changing the send date/time for the catch-up send?  What am I missing?

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product and Client Success

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Hi Manny,

At the time this was an issue, we were trying to send out the catch up send in a hurry and updated the recurring campaign send info to "send now," which did effectively send out the campaign but it then rendered the campaign closed to further editing so I couldn't reset the send info to recurring. I had to make a copy of the campaign and set it to recurring, which might cause some problems with campaign analytics for us down the road. 

Login or Signup to post a comment