Start a new topic
Not Taken

Remove Dynamic Content Areas

I did not see a previously existing topic on this, I apologize if I missed it.

We have been testing the Dynamic Content feature in our email templates, and have found that it's pretty easy to start filling up the "Dynamic Areas" drop down list inside of the email builder.  But, after looking around and chatting with support, it does not seem like there is a way to remove any of the Dynamic Content areas we had previously built as tests, used in old campaigns, not used at all, etc.

It would be great if there was an area we could remove items from that drop down list, something similar to the Footer Management area or Image Library where we can create, edit and remove all in the same place.

1 Comment

Hi Neal,

I understand your concern.  Unfortunately the issue goes beyond just being able to delete a dynamic content block tag from the "library".  The problem is that there would need to be a validation check to prevent someone from accidentally deleting a dynamic content block tag that is being used in email content -- especially one that is in a scheduled campaign.

In order to effect this type of validation, the system would literally have to parse the HTML content of every single email content in the account.  Given that many of our clients have hundreds (if not close to a thousand) email content objects on file, this parsing would take an inordinant amount of resources to do -- which could other wise be used for other purposes.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product and Client Success

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Login or Signup to post a comment