Start a new topic
Planned

Cumulative Tme Frame Option for Custom Reports

We've started using custom reports set to run daily in order to provide data for a dashboard outlining performance of our program.  Since one of our key metrics is unique opens, we realized that the daily reports report on opens unique to that day rather than unique to the campaign.  As a result, when we add the daily counts to our reports our unique open numbers quickly become overstated.

What we would require is an option to set up an ongoing custom report to run based on a cumulative time frame (i.e. starting from a specified date and extending the date range by one day for each report).  This could just be a check box on the final screen of the custom report interface allowing to choose between daily and cumulative reports.

Hi Curtis,

Agreed -- this is a common request for custom reports.  I'm in discussions with the Dev Team to see how to make it happen.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product and Client Success

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Can we select a time frame where the report has campaigns sent in that time frame and the results are for all results for those campaigns. If you want to look at the last few months the report has all campaigns from a long time ago and you have to scroll through to find the ones you want. Can we have the most recent campaigns first. The idea of actionable data is that you want data you can do something about. That means things you are working on now and not things you were doing a year ago.

Hi David,

Good call out.  I had always assumed that the list of campaigns in the Create Custom Reports screen were sorted by most recent "Sent At" date listed first.  I took a closer look and it appears not to be the case.  I'm checking with the Dev Team to find out what is the default sort order being used.

Hi David,

The campaigns displayed in the Create Custom Reports screen are sorted with most recent "last update" date listed first.  That field is updated every time a campaign is sent.  However, there are times a campaign may be updated for other reasons which explains why some campaigns which have not recently been sent appear listed higher in the order than campaigns recently sent.

Hope this clarifies for you.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product Development

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Login or Signup to post a comment