Start a new topic
Implemented

Folders created locked

When a folder is created, it is automatically created locked so that unless the folder creator goes to privacy and changes the access, it will remain locked. 

Is it possible to have this changed to the other way round? Folder is not locked unless folder creator goes in and locks it. 

This would save us from a lot of issues since we have many users creating lists and journeys and organising them into folders. Right now we spend a lot of out time looking for the folder creator if it is locked. It doesn't help as well that there is no indication of which user locked the folder so you end up having to ask everyone. 

1 person likes this idea

Hi Din,

Yes, we will be changing the way that folder permissions work.  Be on the look out for an announcement from me in the coming weeks.  I'm waiting for members of the Dev Team to finish up their existing projects before moving on to address this one.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product and Client Success

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Thank you Manny. That is very much appreciated and I am looking forward to the update. 

Manny is there any update on this yet?

Hi Brian,

Yes, there went out an announcement several months ago when we changed the default behavior of folders.  Now, whenever a person creates a a folder, it is accessible to everyone by default.  

If you have any folders that you want to restore full access to, just remove anyone from the "Editors" list. 

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President of Product Development

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Login or Signup to post a comment