Start a new topic

Change the behaviour of the API call so that it make journeys ‘paused’ rather than ‘unsubscribed’ through the API call.

Goal:

If a user unsubscribes, we would like the user to be able to: 

-Resubscribe and receive emails from the relevant funnel

-Be added back to our broadcast lists/ move forward onto the rest of our journeys. 

Current behaviour that prevents us from achieving this goal: 

When using an API call to unsubscribe a contact, the contacts is added to DNM list, is unsubscribed from all lists and is unsubscribed from any active journeys. We are unable to restart journeys that are 'unsubscribed'

Feature request: 

Change the behaviour of the API call so that it make journeys ‘paused’ rather than ‘unsubscribed’ through the API call. In this way, contacts can re-subscribe (journeys can be re-started). 

1 person likes this idea

Hi Din,

What API method are you currently using?  Let me see if you're using the correct one in the first place.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product and Client Success

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Hi Manny, 

For our unsubscribe call, we're using POST call to endpoint global_unsubscribes.json as described here:

Hi Manny 

For our unsubscribe call, we're using POST call to endpoint global_unsubscribes.json as described in the attached image. 

API Call.png
(125 KB)

HI Din,

I believe that Colin may have already reached out to you.

There's actually a different API method that you should be calling to "unsubscribe" your contacts within a Journey.  You should be calling the PUT /journeys/stop_all_journeys method

The better option therefore is to add a new option to the Journey itself -- specifically to the "Retrigger Journey" option.  If you select that option, then you'll be given a secondary choice which is to allow a previously unsubscribed contact to re-enter the Journey.  This new option will meet your needs.

I've added it to our list of possible future enhancements.

Best regards,

Manny

Login or Signup to post a comment