Start a new topic
Not Taken

Automatic Resends Of Campaigns - Feature Request

Other marketing tools such as Drip.co and Active Campaign have a feature which enables automatic resends of broadcasts.

This would be a huge time saver in Maropost where creating a segment, finding the content again and resending the content takes quite long and is cumbersome.

Can you give me any indication as to whether introducing this feature is probable?

Hi Matt,

Resending a sent campaign is not a capabilty we would introduce.  It leads to inaccurate delivery and response metrics.

For this reason, duplicating a sent campaign is the appropriate manner in which resending a broadcast should be done.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product and Client Success

Maropost Marketing Cloud

The automatic resend function only resends to those that didn't open. Not the entire list.

You don't have any explanation for this "it leads to inaccurate delivery and response metrics." Why? Can you tell me that? 

Matt

Hi Matt,

Resending the same campaign even to those who didn't open increases the number of emails sent.  It also potentially increases the number of emails bounced (both soft and hard).

Supppose you still get 100% delivery rate on the resend.  What happens if only one or two -- or no one in the resend still responds?  The number of opens stays constant but now you've increased the number of deliveries.  Hence your open rate for that campaign takes a nose dive from what it was before the resend.  It's not an accurate representation of the real open rate of the campaign because the denominator in the calculation includes some deliveries that are double counted.  Same for all of the metrics -- bounce rate, complaint rate, and click-through rate.

It's for this reason that it's best practices to create a segment of contacts who received the original campaign and didn't open it, then send a follow up to that segment.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product and Client Success

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Let's start again because you don't seem to understand this.

that it's best practices to create a segment of contacts who received the original campaign and didn't open it, then send a follow up to that segment.

This is exactly what I mean and what we already do.

Others have the function to do what you described automatically. Which means that a segment is created of those who didn't open the original campaign and the message is automatically sent to that segment again, this time with a different title.

All of that is done in a few seconds with other providers.

I'm surprised that Maropost, being far more expensive, does not even seem to know about it or be interested in implementing it. Is that your position?

Hello Matt,

I do understand fully that all you're asking for is an automated way to execute a follow up campaign to prior non-openers.  Your suggestion has its merits -- I should have stated this fact earlier.  However, it is not an enhancement to the platform that warrants elevating it above the other items already in queue to be worked on.  I will keep your request under advisement as a possible future enhancement.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product Development

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Oh ok thanks Manny finally for your clear reply that you now understand what I mean. Yes this feature has merits like you say. If you don't consider it important enough then I'm glad to finally know that it's your official position.

Login or Signup to post a comment