Start a new topic
Planned

Unique Opens and Clicks in Custom Reports

Currently in custom reports, the unique open and click fields are defined as unique to the time period, not to the deployment.  This creates issues when running daily recurring reports and calculating running totals, as the same recipient opening the same email on two consecutive days is counted as unique for each daily report. 

It would be great if these fields were unique to the deployment and not to the time period.  In fact I wonder if this is something that could be causing erroneous reports for users who may not even realize it (which is how we discovered it).

Hi Curtis,

We are aware of the issue that you mention.  Fixing reporting for recurring custom reports is actually part of a larger project which is changing the way that we track each day's send of a recurring campaign.  Since this change to recurring campaigns affects custom reports, the Dev Team will at the same time address the condition that you pointed out.  

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product and Client Success

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Wondering if there's been any progress on this issue.  Every time we do an A/B test in a journey we have to deal with this problem.  Like I stated in my earlier post, I also expect that other users are creating inaccurate reports based on the (erroneous) assumption that opens and clicks would only correspond to deployments in a given date range.

Hi Curtis,

Have you verified that this condition still exists?  I announced several months ago to all clients that we had changed the date selection rules for custom reports -- particularly for recurring campaigns.  Are you noticing that data selection is still according to old rules for journey campaigns?

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President, Product Development

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Login or Signup to post a comment