Start a new topic
Implemented

email validation via API

we have emails with new TLDs imported into lists via CSV

when the users of our system do certain actions, we need to be able to update those users. Currently we cannot update those users via PUT or POST request to API because we get "email is invalid" error.

This is a huge blocker for us especially for a campaign we're currently running. 

TLDR: emails that are valid are errors in your system as not being valid.

FYI -- we have relaxed the rules for TLD.  It has been implemented for all clients on App.  The code base for clients on Cloud is expected to be updated within the next week.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product Management

Maropost Marketing Cloud

seems like my response via email didn't get to this thread:

here's 2 api calls via curl, one that has my personal email address in it (which is a gmail address) and one which is a .photo email:

curl -X PUT -H 'Accept: application/json' 'api.maropost.com/accounts/1008/contacts/113187.json' -d '{"custom_field":{"artist_last_check_in_date":"2017-11-07"}, "auth_token": "REDACTED"}' -H 'Content-type: application/json'

which returns me what i expect (e.g.): {"id":113187,"account_id":1008,"email":"matthew.scott.day@gmail.com"

this one contains the email: office@breecorn.photo

curl -X PUT -H 'Accept: application/json' 'api.maropost.com/accounts/1008/contacts/128901.json' -d '{"custom_field":{"artist_last_check_in_date":"2017-11-07"}, "auth_token": "REDACTED"}' -H 'Content-type: application/json'

{"email":["is invalid"]}

Hi Matthew,

Can you send me a few of the email addresses that you believe are valid, but are being flagged as invalid by our API?

thanks

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product Development

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Login or Signup to post a comment