Start a new topic

HTTPS Landing Pages

When will we be able to use a proper HTTPS domain for custom landing pages? Asking visitors to submit their data via non-secure domain is not only improper, it is highly discouraged and caused penalties from Google and others. This seems like a critical feature gap in this functionality considering the growing privacy debates in and out of government and the EU GDPR. 

1 person likes this idea

I'd also like to note that Chrome and other browsers actively warn visitors of sites that the site is attempting to send personal data over an non-secured connection which can make the custom landing feature in Maropost non-functional.

Hi Sam,

Can you please clarify which is your concern? Landing pages or submitting data via non-secure domain?  In Maropost Marketing Cloud, these are two different topics.  If the concern is about submitting data via non-secure domain, then I am assuming you're referring to Maropost's legacy signup forms.

If my assumption is correct, then I recommend transitioning to Acquisition Builder.  This feature is compatible on sites accessed over HTTPS.  

Let me know if you've not yet had opportunity to review Acquisition Builder.  I can ask your Customer Success manager to schedule a walk through with you.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product Management

Maropost Marketing Cloud

I agree that everything needs to support HTTPS (pages, forms, etc.)...this is the direction everything is going regardless of data submission or not.  As Sam noted, browsers are highlighting non-secure sites now.  Even if a secure form is embedded in a page, the page itself is called out for not being secure.

Acquisition Builder can be great if your site allows cross-site scripting (ours doesn't).

Regarding forms, the "older" forms are hosted on non-secure pages in Maropost, but we've found that we can create the form in our own secure pages (if that's an option for you) and use https in submitting directly to Maropost.

Also - I've not found the Acquisition Builder support pages to be linked-to in the navigation menus...those need to be updated to get here:  https://maropost.wordpress.com/web/acquisition-builder/

Page can only be found by search currently I believe.

- Darek

Hi Darek,

Yes -- the page you found is still "under construction".  That's why it's not directly visible.  With the latest introduction of the embedded web forms in Aquisition Builder, I decided to hold off on publishing the help until we've been able to incorporate this latest update.

We'll definitely have it in the Guide as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Manny Ju

Vice President - Product Management

Maropost Marketing Cloud

Login or Signup to post a comment