What is Pre-Header?
Modified on: Thu, 5 Apr, 2018 at 5:21 PM
- A pre-header is the short summary text that follows the subject line when an email is viewed in the inbox. Many mobile, desktop and web email clients provide them to tip you off on what the email contains before you open it.
- A Pre-header is one of the first three items a subscriber sees when viewing an email.(From Name, Subject, pre-header).
- You can use Pre-header to enhance the value of the email content so that there are more chances of opening the email and even purchasing the products.
- Generally, this line of text (in this case, ‘Wishing you a safe and merry holiday season!’) is borrowed from the first text found in the email campaign if you do not enter it in Pre-header field. On mobile clients in particular, the pre-header can mean the difference between someone opening your email and archiving it – so you generally want it to be something meaningful.
- In Maropost, we recommend a Pre-header of maximum 100 characters.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.