In order to do FTP import, first of all connect to your FTP server using the fire ftp.
The FTP server login credentials are available under "Connections" tab:
The purpose of having automated file FTP import is that you can set up the import first and then can upload the file on the ftp server.
Below are the steps in order to initiate a FTP import:
1) Kindly click on M logo and click on Emails.
2) Click on "Contacts" tab.
3) Click on "Imports", second sub option of List name where you want to import the contacts.
4) You will get the below image, click on "FTP Import" to initiate automated import. Click on "New Import".
5) List mapping page will open while clicking on New Import. Here, map all the fields in the CSV. It's very important to take care of the settings:
Import New Contacts: This will import the new contacts in the list.
Update Existing Contacts: This will update the existing contacts as well.
Do not trigger workflow campaigns: This option in case checked will not allow contacts to initiate the workflow.
Import Name: Name of the import.
File path: Mention the name of the file along with extension. For example, automatedimport.csv/automatedimport.txt.
Notify email: To be notified over the mail once the import is completed.
6) Click on "Save" option to initiate the import. It will display the message,"Import will be started when file is uploaded on FTP server". Next step is to upload the file to the FTP server to start the import.
Note: In automated FTP import, the import is set in advance and then the file is uploaded to the server however, in manual FTP import file is uploaded before to the ftp server and then manually we choose the file while initiating import.