1. Hover your cursor over your username and click on ‘Connections’.
2. In the ‘Connections’ section, you’ll find all the documents related to different APIs.
**For running an API, an auth_token or API key is required.**
The Maropost Marketing Cloud’s API is based on the RESTful Framework. The extensive catalog of API methods available, allows System Developers to create/read/update & delete data within the platform.
Online API Guide
- On the “Connections” page, click the “API Documentation” tab.
- Click each of the tabs in the online guide to view specific details of each API method.
- Reports API – The methods in this API are used primarily to retrieve campaign response data for contacts within a specific date range, regardless of which campaign has been sent. These methods also include those ones, which retrieve aggregate delivery and response metrics for campaign reports, test reports, journey reports, and custom reports.
- Contents API – To View/create/edit/delete email content
- Content Image API – To add an image to the Image Library from an external source specified by the image’s file path URL.
- Campaigns API –To create and send marketing promotional campaigns. Also, to help retrieve delivery and response metrics for a specified campaign.
- Contacts API – To subscribe and unsubscribe contacts to email marketing lists; add/remove contact tags etc. You may view all the information for a given contact, including standard and custom fields, list subscriptions, journeys and product purchase history.
- Tags API – To create/view & delete contact tags.
- Custom Fields API – To create/view/delete custom fields.
- Lists’ API – To create and delete lists, also view aggregate delivery and response metrics for campaigns sent out to a given list.
- Secure Lists API –To create and import a secure suppression list.
- Do Not Mail List API – To add and remove a contact in the “Do Not Mail” list; Search if a contact is present in the Do Not Mail list.
- Brands Do Not Mail List API – To add and remove a contact in a specific Brand’s “Do Not Mail” list; Search if a contact is present in a specific Brand’s “Do Not Mail” list.
- Product/Revenue API – To add a contact’s purchase history data to the Product/Revenue database.
- Workflows API – legacy API methods that are scheduled to be deprecated at some point in the future. Please use the Journeys API. An “All new feature” development will be done in the Journeys API.
- Journeys API – To pause, restart, reset, and stop a contact’s flow through a journey.
- Relational Tables API – To create/modify/delete/view the metadata of a Relational table’s structure. This is not the API to be used to add/view/edit/delete data within the tables themselves; Instead, use the APIs for each Relational table.
- Transactional API – To create and send a transactional message; Includes the ability to include personalized content within the body of the transactional message.
- Push Notifications API – To create and send a mobile app broadcast message. Also, can create and send a transactional push notification.
Tips for Proper Usage
- Access the API methods via HTTPS, to take advantage of the security inherent to this protocol.
- Always include auth_token as a query string parameter — even for a POST, PUT, and DELETE method calls.
- The HTTP protocol is not designed for socket connections that remain open for extended periods of time. There is an inherent timeout that all web servers observe. For this reason, REST is not normally appropriate for retrieving a vast amount of data out of Maropost Marketing Cloud. Consider using Data Journeys for automated bulk data imports and exports instead.
- Use the streaming API option for bulk data retrieval that can only be obtained via API.
Creating an API Authentication Token
- Hover your cursor over your username and click “Connections.”
- Click the “API Keys” tab to view a list of API authentication tokens.
- Click the “Add Keys” link on the page.
- In the popup screen, enter a user-friendly name for the API key, and assign the access privileges accordingly.
- Click the [Add] button. The API key will be generated and displayed on the screen.