Within the Maropost application, you now have the ability to utilize Push notifications within mobile applications that you have tied to your Maropost account. This feature will allow you to send Push notifications to your contacts via an iOS and/or Android application that you have setup in your account.
To add an application to your Maropost account, please follow these steps:
1. Hover your cursor over the Maropost logo and click ‘Mobile’. Then click on ‘Push’ along the top.
2. Once on the application index page, you then hover your cursor over ‘Push’ and click ‘New App’.
3. On this page, you enter the name of the App, select a logo (optional), and select the environment status (Sandbox or Production).
4. Once you have entered this details, click ‘Save’. On the next page, click the ‘edit’ icon to enter the details required to setup this application for use with both iOS and Android devices.
5. The detailed instructions for how to set each of these up are linked on the respective pages.
To setup Push notifications for a mobile application, please follow these steps:
1. Hover your cursor over the Maropost logo, and click ‘Mobile. Then click ‘Push’ and select the application you wish to create a new Push message from.
2. Hover your cursor over ‘Push’ and click ‘New Message’.
3. On Step 1, you select the message name, message text, (optional) custom data/tags, badge count, and sound settings. You can view how your message will appear on the lock screen as well as how it will appear in a banner.
4. On step 2, you select the audience that you wish to receive the Push notifications.
5. In step 3, you have the option to select Push notification only, In-App message only, or both Push and In-App messages.
6. On step 4, you select the scheduling method for this notification. You can either select this notification to send now, send once at a scheduled time, or set it up as a recurring notification.