This is a new Campaign scheduling option that uses machine-learning to determine the Optimal time to send an email to a specific individual. As its moniker implies, it sends the email to a contact based on the time of the day that the person “typically” makes a purchase. We are therefore making an inference here, that purchases clustering around a particular time of the day indicate, that this is when the person is “in the buying mood.” An email sent roughly around the same time period, catches the person in that buying mood with the expectation that he’s more likely to respond to the call to action from the email, and then make the purchase.
Key points for implementation:
- This campaign scheduling option is only available for regular campaigns (not for A|B campaigns nor for Journey campaigns).
- Only appears when the account is enabled for Product/Revenue.
- Requires that the clients pass their orders into Maropost using either Product/Revenue API or using our web tracking script to capture orders.
- Requires that the “order date” attribute of the order, includes the time of the day that the purchase was made.
- Conversion time assumes that the Order Date is in Eastern Time Zone. The client is responsible to convert times into ET if necessary (especially for international clients).
How it works:
The marketer selects “Conversion-time Optimization” as a scheduling option and then sets the default date and time of the send.
At the send time, machine learning will look at the order history of each contact and send the email at the time of day that the contact “typically” purchases (according to the order history)
- Case 1: No order history for the contact --> send at the default date and time
Example: Default send time is April 03 2018 at 09:00 AM ET. Contact A has no purchase history --> send to Contact A on April 03 2018 @ 9:00AM ET.
- Case 2: Typical purchase time is later than the default send date and time --> send on the default date, but hold until the typical purchase time.
Example: Default send time is April 03 2018 at 09:00 AM ET. Contact B typically purchases at 20:15 (according to machine learning). --> Send to Contact B on April 03 @ 20:15 ET.
- Case 3: Typical purchase time is earlier than the default send date and time --> send on the day following the default date at the typical purchase time. Default send time is April 03 2018 at 09:00 AM ET. Contact C typically purchases at 06:23 (according to machine learning). --> Send to Contact C on April 04 @ 06:23 ET.
To know more about other scheduling options, kindly click on the links below: