To access Journeys, follow these steps:
- On the Maropost homepage, navigate to 'Automation' and click on Journeys.
- This will open the Journey index page. Here, you will be able to edit details, duplicate a Journey, delete a Journey, export contacts in a Journey, view contacts, and enable/disable your Journey.
- On the right-side of the Journey index page, you will see how many contacts are involved in a particular Journey, as well as how many items are in that Journey.
To create a Journey, follow these steps:
- In order to create a new Journey, select New Journey on the bottom-right of the Journey page.
- Enter a Journey name. There are 2 checkboxes; retrigger Journey and Enabled, which is checked by default. If you don’t want your Journey to be live when created/saved, then uncheck the ‘Enabled’ option while creating a new Journey.
- By default, a contact enters a Journey only once. Select the 'Retrigger Journey' option if you want all contacts to re-enter the Journey depending upon the trigger(s) that you use.
NOTE: For a retrigger to work, a contact must complete its Journey. If a contact is still in the middle of the Journey and hasn’t completed it yet, but you want the contact to re-start the Journey from the beginning, use the Journeys API to initiate the reset.
- Once you click [Save], the Journey canvas page will open. On the left side, you will see all the elements divided into different categories; Triggers, Actions, Filters, Delays, and End. The black frame is the canvas where we will create the Journey sequence using different elements.
- Once you have set up your Journey, click on ‘Save’, located on the bottom-right of the canvas. The ‘Clear’ option removes all the elements from the workflow canvas page, and ‘Exit’ takes you back to the workflow index page.
NOTE: You will not be able to Save your Journey until all widgets have been filled in and have been all connected. The connection of all widgets must terminate in an End widget.
- A contact within a Journey is displayed in its Profile page and will have one of the following statuses:
- Active – The contact is still active within the Journey.
- Finished – The contact has flowed through all the widgets and completed the Journey.
- Paused – The contact’s Journey has been paused either via a Journey API method call or manually from the Contact’s profile page.
- Unsubscribed – The contact clicked the Journey unsubscribe link included in a campaign that was sent from the Journey.
- You can export the contacts within a Journey. They will be exported to a CSV file and will show the current status of each contact, along with the ‘created at’ and ‘updated at’ dates. You can then download the export file from the Notifications page.
Journey widgets have been divided into the following categories:
Triggers – A trigger defines how a contact enters the Journey. Every trigger has a different function and can be used to design a creative Journey that will engage your contacts, and automate your email marketing process.
Actions – An action defines what is to be done for the contact. An email can be sent to the contact, their subscription within a list can be changed, or a field in the contact’s profile can be modified.
Filters – Use filters to introduce branching conditions into the Journey. You can have the contact flow into different branches depending upon which segment it belongs to. You can also use filters to do split testing with A|B testing or Percentage Splits.
Delay – Delay widgets enable you to introduce pauses in the Journey. You can pause for a certain period of time or until a specific Date/Time.
End – This widget marks the completion of the Journey. Every connected branch within a Journey must terminate with an End widget.