Data Journey Actions are used for bulk data management such as importing and exporting contact files, secure suppression lists, Do Not Mail lists, and relational table data. Data Journey actions work sequentially. If you have several actions linked together, the following action will not start executing until the preceding action finishes.
This action will upload a file to an external FTP server using the credentials that you provide. Select the file(s), segment(s), custom report(s), campaign report(s), Do Not Mail List(s), or Relational Table(s) that you want to export to the FTP server.
You can also precede this action widget with the 'Start Export' widget and have the output of that file uploaded to the specified FTP server.
You may also select 'Add timestamp with file name', which will append a timestamp to the file name.
The file name will be [list_export | segment_export | dnm_export | table_export]_[listID | segmentID | dnm fileID | tableID]_[jobID]_[YYYYMonDDHHMMSS].zip. (The Date/Time values will only be included if you selected the 'Add timestamp with file name' option.)
With this action you will be given the same options as you have when you’re creating a new campaign. You can select the name, subject, pre-header, content, etc., as well as selecting lists, segments, or tables that will receive these emails.
This action will begin a file import via Maropost’s FTP server, or an external FTP server. By clicking on ‘Select Lists’, you can select the list that you would like to import the contacts.
When you double click on this element, you will be shown 3 tabs; settings, list import, and DNM import.
- Settings – Details of the FTP server you are using for this file import.
- List Import – Select the list that you will be importing the data file into. Set the mapping between the fields in the data file and the standard and custom fields in the Contact database.
- DNM Import – Select either the column name or the column number (ordered from left to right) that contains the email address of the contacts to be imported into either the general DNM list or Brand DNM list.
- Table Import – Select the Relational Table that you will be importing the data into. Set the mapping between the fields in the data file and the columns in the table.
Facebook Custom Audiences
This widget is used to push a group of your Maropost for Marketing contacts into any Facebook Custom Audience that you have pre-defined in your Facebook Ad Account.
In order to properly use this action widget, you must already have done the following:
- Have an existing Facebook Ad Account
- Have created at least one Custom Audience for that Ad Account
- Have set up the connection between Maropost for Marketing and the Facebook profile that the Ad Account is associated with
Select the list or segment containing the contacts that you want to push over to your Facebook Custom Audience
Facebook requires that you map the fields of your Maropost contacts with the Facebook user profile fields. The mapping is necessary to determine whether a Maropost contact is indeed a Facebook user. At a minimum, email address, first name, and last name are required. There are additional fields that you can optionally use to increase the accuracy of the matching.
Facebook imposes specific restrictions on how your contact profile data is formatted. If your data is not properly formatted, then it will not be used in the matching.
- Gender – Accepts 'm' and 'f' as valid values for this field
- City – Accepts city name in all lower case, with no punctuation, special characters, nor white space
- State – United States of America only. Must be the 2-character ANSI abbreviation in all lower case.
- Country – Must be ISO 3166-1 Alpha-2 format (e.g. “US”, “CA”, “CN”, etc.)
- Zip Code – Only the first 5 digits (if US). Use the Area/District/Sector format for UK addresses
- Mobile Advertiser ID – Use this only if you have this data available as provided initially from Facebook
- App Scoped User ID – Use this only if you have this data available as provided initially from Facebook.
- Date of Birth – Check to see if your date if formatted according to any of the date formats in the list
- Facebook Account – Select the name of the Facebook account that you have linked with Maropost Marketing Cloud.
- Ad Account – Once you’ve selected the Facebook account, a list of Ad Accounts for the Facebook account will appear.
- Custom Audiences – After selecting the Ad Account, the list of Custom Audiences that you’ve already created under that Ad Account will now appear. Select the Custom Audience that you want to push the contact to.
This action will allow you export a list, segment, Do Not Mail list, or data from a Relational Table. Unlike the Start Import action widget, you can only export one file at a time.
- List Export – Select the list you want to export, and the contact fields you want included in the export file. You can also filter by subscription status.
- Segment Export – Select the segment you want to export and the contact fields you want included in the export file.
- DNM Export – You can export the General Do Not Mail list and/or the Brand Do Not Mail list
- Table Export – Select the relational table and the columns from the table that you want included in the export file.
You can also choose the option to incrementally export contacts from subscription lists by using the 'Date Filter' option. By default, the option is set to export all contacts. You can however, set the option to export contacts based on recency of update in the past 24 hours, 7 days, 14 days, or 30 days.
The rules are as follows:
- “All” — Date the contacts were either subscribed, unsubscribed, soft bounced, hard bounced, complained, or cleansed
- “Subscribed” – Date the contacts subscribed to the selected list
- “Unsubscribed” – Date the contacts unsubscribed from the selected list
- “Soft Bounced” – Date when contact status is changed to “soft bounced”
- “Hard Bounced” – Date when contact status is changed to “hard bounced”
- “Complained” – Date when contact status is changed to “complained”
- “Cleansed” – Date when contact status is changed to “cleansed”
This option also applies to the Do Not Mail list. In this case, the date of recency applies to when the contact was added to the list.
Secure List Import
This action will begin an import of a secure/encrypted list that you will use as a special type of suppression file in your campaigns.
You will be shown the same options as ‘File Import’, with one difference; along the bottom of the prompt, you will see the options to select which column name or column number the encrypted emails are stored.
This action will generate a campaign or a custom report based on a selected list.
This action will run an HTTP API call to complete a variety of tasks.
Enter the raw part of the API call in the BODY section.
Trigger Data Journey
This action will trigger a separate Data Journey to begin when the element is reached. This includes passing contacts from one Data Journey to another. This trigger loops contacts in Data Journeys as well. When you open this element, you will see all the existing Data Journeys listed. You can select multiple Data Journeys.
Toggle Data Journey
This action will toggle a separate Data Journey to be enabled or disabled.
When double clicking on this element, you will be shown a list of Data Journeys that already exist in your account. Single clicking a Data Journey will enable the journey and will highlight the name in blue, double clicking a Data Journey will disable the journey and highlight the name in red.
This action will copy content from one saved email content to another. The purpose of this element is to add additional content to existing content without having to open up the saved content to edit and save it.
On the left, is ‘Copy From’, and the right is ‘Copy To’. You select which content you want to copy on the left, and select which content you want the copied content to be placed into. There is also an option to copy content ‘From URL’ into the content on your Maropost account.
This action will send a notification to any group of email addresses. When double clicking the element, you will be shown a basic WYSIWYG editor to create your notification message.
This action widget is handy to send yourself a notification when an import or an export has finished.
This action will refresh the counts of a chosen list or segment.
This is a good widget to follow the 'Start Import' action widget so that segment counts reflect the most accurate numbers right after a large file has been imported.
This action is similar to ‘Toggle Data Journey’, except this will toggle enabled/disabled for Journeys saved in your account.
When double clicking on this element, you will be shown a list of Journeys that already exist in your account. Single clicking a journey will enable it and will highlight the name in blue, double clicking a journey will disable it and highlight the name in red.
This action will execute a SQL Query that you have created and saved.
Use this action widget to update a relational table’s data after you have imported data into another relational table.
This action will clear the selected custom field of all data for all contacts in your database.
**CAUTION: Once you clear a field, you cannot undo this action. **