Cleansing Rules are used to cleanse unengaged or inactive contacts that are not opening or clicking on your campaigns or workflows anymore. When unengaged or inactive contacts are cleansed, their journeys through all workflows end.
To access cleansing rules, please follow these steps:
1. Hover your cursor over ‘Automation’ and click 'Cleansing Rules' from the drop-down
2. You will now see a list of all cleansing rules present in your account.
3. There are three options that you can choose from; edit, delete, and enabled/disabled.
4. Once enabled, you will also be able to see the number of contacts cleansed.
IMPORTANT: Cleansing is a dynamic process which takes place every day at 3:00AM EST.
To create a cleansing rule, please follow these steps:
1. Click on ‘New Cleansing Rule’ from the Cleansing Rules homepage
2. Enter the name of the cleansing rule and enter the necessary details to setup a new cleansing rule.
IMPORTANT: All filters are mandatory except Contact Domain filter. If you want to target all domains then you may leave this filter blank.
3. After entering the necessary details, click on ‘Save Rule’.
IMPORTANT: Cleansing rule cleanses all contacts from all lists and workflows and changes their status to cleansed.