This article includes:
Dynamic Content: Overview
Dynamic content is the content within an email that changes based on the viewer. The relevant content is displayed to the people who match the criteria you've set for your dynamic content. Your criteria could be based on industry, job title, or even a product purchased.
Consider a scenario in which you wish to send a campaign to two different locations. The content needs to be slightly different for both locations. The text in email for first location needs to say "Celebration in London" and text in email for second location needs to say "Celebration in Toronto". In this case, you can use dynamic content to show the text differently depending upon whether the viewer is located in London or Toronto.
The Dynamic Content Index page, accessible from Email > Content > Dynamic Content, is the starting page to create, edit, archive, and delete the dynamic content. The Dynamic Content Index page shows the list of dynamic contents. You can use the drop-down list at the top-left corner to choose whether you want to view the active or archived dynamic contents.
📋Note: The archived dynamic content are not available in any content editor and cannot be edited. But you can still use the archived dynamic content to create contents and templates.
Creating a Dynamic Content
Perform the following steps to create dynamic content:
- On Dashboard, from Email menu, from Content submenu, select Dynamic Content.
- On Dynamic Content Index page, click New Dynamic Content.
- On the Create New Dynamic Content page, enter the name for the content.
- Use the editor to create the original content. The original content is shown to the audience not meeting the criteria specified in rules.
- Click the Add Rule button to add a criteria. The rule enables you to select the audience and then create the alternative content to be shown to the specific audience. You may add multiple rules as per your requirement.
- On the Rule section, select a segment for the rule. The segment selection determines the audience.
- Create an alternate content which is to be shown to the audience. The alternate content is shown, instead of original content, to the audience from the specified segment.
The following screenshot shows the section for adding a rule in the Create New Dynamic Content page:
- Repeat the first two step to add more rules.
- Click the Save button to save the dynamic content as a tag.
Using a Dynamic Content
Our content editors enable you to use the dynamic content within the content. You can simply insert the dynamic content tag when creating your content. In a content editor, select the place in the content where you want dynamic content to appear. Then, select the dynamic content tag from the Dynamic Areas drop-down list.
The following screenshot shows a WYSIWYG Editor in which the option to include a dynamic content is highlighted:
The following screenshot shows a HTML Code Editor in which the option to include a dynamic content is highlighted: