Contacts are your subscribers to whom you intend to send the email campaigns. Each contact is made up of information such as the name, email, location, and so on. There are seven ways through which a contact can enter into your Maropost account: Import, Adding Manually, FTP Import, Forms, API, Carts, and Integrations.
Maropost provides the flexibility to manage your contacts in form of lists and relational tables. You can use the following functionalities to manage your contacts:
- Contact Lists: Create and manage contact lists. You can create a new list and then add or import data into the list. You can also integrate a cart, brand, or product with a contact list.
- Custom Fields: There are five predefined fields in your account, however, you can create and use any number of custom fields.
- Contact Tags: Tags are another way to organize your contact data. You can add or remove tags for each individual contact.
- Relational Tables: Create and manage contacts relational tables. You can create a new database table, add columns and specify the primary key, and then import the contacts into the table.
- SQL Queries: Use the SQL queries to filter the contacts before sending them the email campaigns.
- Preference Management: Create custom pages for a managing the preference options such as: manage subscription page, edit profile option, 1-click unsubscribe option, report spam option, and thank you page.
- Brand Management: Create new brands within your account, associate contact lists with a brand, and see the reports from a particular brand.
- Secure List: Create encrypted list. Ideally, encrypted lists are created to be used as a suppression list (or Do Not Mail list).