This section will outline the process of Automated FTP Imports. This is an automated process in the way that you specify the file path on your FTP server where a file will be located, and our system will scan that file path every 24 hours to see if there is a new or updated CSV/TXT file in that location.
To initiate an automatic import from an FTP server, please follow these steps:
1. After you’ve created your list, select the import option.
2. Select ‘Automated Imports’ from the pop-up box, and then select ‘New Import’
3. On the next page, you enter the required details such as the name of the import, the file path where our system should search for a file. Also on this page, you will enter the pre- determined mappings of the contact fields from your CSV/TXT file.
How automated imports work:
- Place CSV/TXT file into FTP folder in previously specified location.
- Automated process immediately picks up the file and imports it according to the pre-determined mappings and settings.
- After a file is imported, the file is moved to the archive folder.
- Repeat steps 1 – 3 after the import is complete.