The Automated Imports option enables you to use the automated process to import the contact lists. In this option, you specify the file path on your FTP server where the file is located, and our system scans the file path every 24 hours to see if there is a new or updated .csv or .txt file in that location. After a file is imported, the file is moved to the archive folder.
Importing Contacts Using Automated Imports
Perform the following steps to use file import to import contacts into a list:
- In the Navigation, go to AUDIENCE, and select Contact Lists. On the Contact Lists index page, find the contact list into which you want to import your contacts.
- From the Actions column, click the Import icon corresponding to the list.
- In the Import List dialog box, click the Automated Imports tab and then click New Import.
- On the New Import page, enter the required details, such as the name of the import and the file path where our system will search for the import files.
- Also, map the fields in the import file to the standard and custom fields in your contact list.
- After you're done, click Save.