The Automated Imports option enables you to use the automated process to import the contact lists. In this option, you specify the file path on your FTP server where the file is located, and our system scans the file path every 24 hours to see if there is a new or updated .csv or .txt file in that location. After a file is imported, the file is moved to the archive folder.
Importing Contacts Using Automated Imports
Perform the following steps to use file import to import contacts into a list:
- In the Navigation, go to AUDIENCE, and select Contact Lists. On the Contact Lists index page, find the contact list into which you want to import your contacts.
- From the Actions drop-down list, select Import List.
- In the Import List dialog box, select Automated Imports as the Import Method. Then, click Continue.
- On the Automated Imports page, enter the required details, such as the name of the import and the file path where our system will search for the import files.
- Select the following checkboxes, as applicable:
- Import new contacts: This option imports new contacts. The checkbox is selected by default.
- Update existing contacts: This option updates the existing contacts. The checkbox is selected by default.
- Do not trigger journey campaigns: This option prevents the triggering of workflow campaigns. The checkbox is selected by default.
📋 Note: The option only applies to workflows using a 'New Subscription' trigger widget with this list selected in the trigger. If the checkbox is left selected, then contacts included in the data file will not enter any of the workflows.
- In the Mappings section, map the fields in the import file to the standard and custom fields in your contact list.
- After you're done, click Save.