The contact tags can be used to classify contacts based on your requirements. You can create as many tags as you need.
The following are a couple of popular use cases of how the contact tags can be leveraged when used with other features:
- One of the popular use cases of contact tags is creating segments using Tags condition. The Tag condition in the segment fetches contacts that have been assigned specific contact tags within a specified date range.
- Another use case of contact tags is using tag event triggers and change tag actions available in automation. There is a ‘Tag Event’ trigger in the workflow. If we create a workflow based on the ‘Tag Event’ trigger, it will trigger the workflow as soon as a new contact gets added to the tag or if a contact is removed from the tag. ‘Change Tag’ element under ‘Actions’ will change the tags of the contacts involved in the workflow.
Managing Contact TagsYou can manage your contact tags on the Contact Tags index page. On this page, you can create a new tag, import contact tags, view the contacts in the tags, and delete the tags.
Creating a Contact Tag
Importing Contact Tags
Perform the following steps to import the contact tags:
- On the Contact Tags index page, click Import Tags.
- In the Import Contact Tags dialog box, choose the file containing the contact tags.
📋 Note: The supported file formats are .csv and .zip.
- Optionally, select Do Not Trigger Journey Campaigns. This feature applies only to contact tags that are defined in the 'Tag Event' trigger of a journey. If selected, then the contacts that are tagged will not enter the journeys triggered by Tag Events. If left deselected, then the contacts will enter the journeys as normal.
- Finally, click Import.
The contacts will be added to the respective tags once the import is complete.
- While importing the .csv file, each contact should have an email, add_tags, or remove_tags field. Both add_tags and remove_tags columns should contain comma-separated tag names. The difference between add_tags and remove_tags is that add_tag will add the contact into the tag and remove_tag will simply remove it.
- Make sure the tag name you created in Maropost is the same as the tag value in the .csv file or the contacts will not be imported.