A ‘Do Not Mail’ list is a global suppression list present in every Maropost account. This list ensures that any contact present in it will not receive future communication from the Maropost account.
How does a contact get added to the ‘Do Not Mail’ list?
- If a contact gets hard-bounced, they will be added to the DNM list automatically.
- If a contact clicks on ‘Report Spam‘ from the footer of an email, they will be added to the DNM list.
- If a contact clicks ‘Never mail me again’ from the ‘Edit Profile‘ page accessed through the footer.
You can also add contacts manually to the ‘Do Not Mail’ list by importing a .CSV file into a ‘Suppressed-type' list, or by adding contacts individually to the list.
To access the ‘Do Not Mail’ list, follow these steps:
- Hover your cursor over your username and click on ‘Account.'
- This will open the index page. Your account’s ‘Do Not Mail’ list is on the left side.
- Below the ‘Do Not Mail’ list, it shows the number of contacts on the list. There are 4 options: import, export, encrypted export, and manage.
- Import: Importing a list of contacts to put on your account’s DNM list.
- Export: Exporting a list of existing contacts on your account’s DNM list.
- Encrypted Export: Export an encrypted list from your account’s DNM list.
(NOTE: **Encrypted suppression lists will export your list in MD5 hash form.**)
- Manage: View the contact details of every contact on your DNM list.
- Clicking ‘Manage’ will open a new page and will display all the contacts that are currently present in the DNM list.
The options along the top include; import, export, and post URL. This page also lists the ‘created at’ date and options to edit or delete a contact.
**To know the API call in order to access or add contacts into ‘Do Not Mail’ list, please check the API documentation.**
Is the ‘Do Not Mail’ list account specific or is it global to all accounts?
A ‘Do Not Mail’ list is account specific (E.g. if a contact email@example.com is present in the DNM list of account ‘123’, then it will not affect the sending to this contact from an account ‘456.’
NOTE: When a contact is added to the ‘Do Not Mail’ list, they will stop receiving all email communications (normal campaigns, A/B campaigns, workflow campaigns, and test) from an account. To be able to resend content again, you must delete the contact from the DNM list.
To remove a contact from the ‘Do Not Mail’ list, go to the DNM contact details page, and click ‘Delete'