A suppression list ensures that any contact present in it will not receive future communication from your Maropost account.
Maropost supports three kinds of suppression lists:
- Do Not Mail (DNM) List – This list is applicable for all email contacts across your account.
- Brands Do Not Mail List – This is applicable for contacts on the email lists that associated with a specific brand.
- SMS Do Not Mail List – This is applicable for SMS contacts across your account.
The suppression lists are account-specific, for example, if a contact Sam.Jones@example.com is present in the Do Not Mail list of account ‘123’, then it will not affect the sending to this contact from an account ‘456.’
📋 Note: When a contact is added to the Do Not Mail list, they will stop receiving all email communications (normal campaigns, A/B campaigns, workflow campaigns, and test) from an account. To be able to resend content again, you must delete the contact from the DNM list.
How does a contact gets added to the ‘Do Not Mail’ list?
A contact gets added to the DNM list automatically, if:
- the contact gets hard-bounced.
- the contact clicks the ‘Report Spam‘ link in the footer of an email.
- the contact clicks ‘Never mail me again’ on the ‘Edit Profile‘ page accessed from the footer.
You can also add contacts manually to the Do Not Mail list by importing a CSV file into a ‘Suppressed-type' list or by adding the contacts individually to the list.
Managing Suppression Lists
To access the suppression lists for your account, click your username on the top-right corner, and from the drop-down list, select Account Settings. On the Account tab of the Account Settings page, scroll down to the Manage Global Lists section. Here, you can see the total number of contacts in each list and then perform actions such as Import, Export, Encrypted Export (in MD5 hash format).
You can further drill down to see the contacts in the Do Not Mail List page by clicking Manage. On this page, you can add, edit, and delete contacts from the list.
The following screenshot shows the Do Not Mail List page:
Similarly, you can navigate to the Brands DNM List page and Do Not SMS List page, where you can view, add, edit, and delete contacts from the list.
The following screenshot shows the Brands DNM List page:
The following screenshot shows the Do Not SMS List page: