A custom email campaign report is a detailed summary of your chosen email campaigns. To learn about all types of custom reports, see Custom Reports: Overview.
Steps to Create a Custom Email Campaign Report
To create a custom email campaign report, perform the following steps:
- In the Navigation, go to Analytics, and then select Custom Reports.
- On the Custom Reports Index page, click the New Custom Report button.
- On the New Custom Report Type page, select the report type as Email Campaign.
- Choose the report details such as report name, report file type, date range, and campaigns from which to retrieve the data. See Step 1 – Report Details for more information.
- Choose the metrics to be included in the report. See Step 2 – Report Fields/Metrics for more information.
- Select the schedule and enter the delivery details for the report. See Step 3 – Schedule & Delivery for more information.
- Finally, when you are done setting up the report, click Submit.
Once the report is generated, you can download the report from the Notification panel. You can also view and download the report from the Custom Reports Index page. In the Navigation, go to Analytics and then select Custom Reports to open the Custom Reports Index page.
Step 1 – Report Details
In this step, you choose the report details such as report name, report file type, date format, date range, and campaigns from which to retrieve the data. For a custom campaign report, you must specify the date range and criteria for selecting campaigns to be included in the report. As part of the criteria, you must specify at least one campaign tag, brand, or campaign.
Select from or enter values for the following fields:
- Report Name: Enter the name of the report.
- Report Type: Select the file type for the output of the report. The supported types are .cvs, .xls, .pdf, and .xlsx.
- Date Format: Select the date format in which the dates in the report are to be shown. Currently, the supported date formats are MM/DD/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY.
- From Date/To Date: Enter the date range for the report. The date range you enter will be used to select all campaigns that were delivered and responses received within that range. Both ‘from’ and ‘to’ dates are inclusive, that is, the report will be generated from 12 AM of the ‘from’ day to 11:59 PM of the ‘to’ day.
📋Note: The dates and times are in Eastern Time Zone.
- Brands: Choose the campaigns that you want to include in the report by selecting the brands that the campaigns were associated with.
- Campaign Names: Select the email campaigns that you want to include in the report. You can start typing the name of the campaign in the dynamic search bar to quickly find the campaigns you want. By default, the Sent, Recurring, Journey, and Transactional filter options are pre-checked. Change the options if you want to filter by any specific campaign type. This is another useful aid in finding the specific campaigns to select for your report.
- Campaign Tags: Choose the campaigns that you want to include in the report by selecting the keywords they have been tagged with.
📋 Note: Selecting the campaign tags is essential if you are creating a recurring campaign report.
The following screenshot shows step 1 in creating the custom email campaign report:
Step 2 – Report Fields/Metrics
In this step, you choose the metrics to be included in the report. The mandatory fields that are part of the report output are displayed under the Mandatory Fields section. And you have the option to include more fields as per your need using the Add Optional Fields button.
The following screenshot shows the step 2 in creating the custom email campaign report:
Step 3 – Schedule & Delivery
Select the schedule and enter the delivery details for the custom report.
- Once – Select the option to generate the report once.
- Recurring – Select the option to generate the report on a recurring basis. You have the option to have the report sent to you on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. You also have the option to specify the time of day (in the Eastern Time Zone) on which the report will be generated.
- For the recurring reports to include the new campaigns sent during the reporting time period, you must select the appropriate campaign tags in step 1 of the report creation flow. Also, remember to tag your campaigns.
- The totals in the report reflect the delivery and response data collected from the preceding time period based on the recurring interval that you have selected. For example, if on Wednesday, you created the custom report and selected the option to have the recurring report generated every day at 6 AM then Thursday’s report will include total delivery and response data collected from 6 AM Wednesday to 6 AM Thursday.
- Breakup Report by Days – If you enable this option, then the data will be summarized for each date for the date range that you have specified in Step 1. Since the majority of responses to an email campaign occur within 24 hours of send time, this option is helpful for marketers who want to analyze the "long tail” of their campaigns.
Optionally, you can receive the report through email. Enter the email address of the recipient, then specify a subject line and description for the email to be sent.
The following screenshot shows step 3 in creating the custom email campaign report: