A trigger is an element which is required to start a Journey. Through a trigger, a contact will enter the Journey and will experience the rest of the elements depending upon the construction of the Journey.
You may have multiple triggers starting a Journey. However, be aware that the more triggers you have, the more difficult it will be to know which trigger enabled a contact to enter the Journey.
This trigger initiates when a new subscriber is added to the list selected in the trigger. It allows you to select multiple lists so that you can trigger the Journey to all the contacts that are subscribing to different lists at the same time.
*In order to bring an element to the canvas, click on the element and it will pop-up on the center of the canvas. You can then drag it anywhere along the dimension of the canvas.*
**Double click on an element to check what’s inside.**
Detach: Disconnects the node connected to the next element.
Remove: Removes the element from the Journey builder page.
Double click on the trigger widget to see the number of contacts who entered the Journey from this trigger, located in the top-right of the pop-up. This option is clickable, which will display the details of the contacts in this Journey.
This trigger initiates when someone opens a campaign that was selected in this trigger. This trigger will start a Journey based on campaign opens.
**You can add multiple campaign ID’s into this trigger using comma separation.**
With this trigger, you can start a Journey when someone clicks on a link sent by you through a normal campaign, A/B campaign, or Journey campaign.
You will need to enter the link into the box when you open the trigger.
**If you click ‘Trigger for any links clicked’, then the Journey will trigger for any contact who is clicking on any link from all of your sent normal campaigns, A/B campaigns, or Journey campaigns at any point.**
This trigger will start the Journey for contacts who are purchasing a single or multiple products, depending upon your selection in the trigger.
This trigger shows all the products that are stored in your account. These product details are fetched from cart integration in your account. Also, using ‘Product and Revenue’ tool, you can create products and orders in your account.
If you click ‘Trigger for all products’, it will trigger the Journey for all the contacts who are purchasing products and being added to your Maropost Account.
This trigger is initiated when a contact’s revenue equals to what is set in the trigger. E.g. You set $10, so when a contact’s total revenue reaches $10, this trigger will add that contact into the Journey.
This trigger allows you to select the forms created in Maropost. When a subscriber fills the form selected in this trigger, they will get added to the Journey.
You can select multiple forms in this trigger. It works instantly, so it initiates the Journey as soon as a subscriber fills a form successfully.
This trigger can add a contact to a Journey by making a POST API call.
You can use contact ID, email address, or the table value in order to trigger the Journey for a contact. The method is ‘POST’. To view the POST calls necessary to initiate this trigger, double click on the widget.
This trigger is based on segments. Segments are created using a set of conditions and rules.
**This trigger is not instantaneous. You will need to select time frame for it to work. Only one segment can be selected in this trigger.**
This trigger contains all the default and custom fields created in your account. This trigger initiates when any of the selected fields are changed for a contact.
You can select multiple fields in this trigger. The trigger initializes immediately.
This trigger is specific for relational tables that have a column defined as 'sendable'.
- INSERT only — The contact enters the Journey when a new record is created in the relational table where the contact’s email address is in the 'Sendable' field. This option is triggered when 'Import new contacts' is the only option selected when importing a data file into the relational table, when using the Import API command, and when creating a new record in the relational table directly in the application’s UI.
- UPDATE only — The contact enters the Journey when its existing record in the relational table is updated. This option is triggered when 'Update existing contacts' is the only option selected when importing a data file into the relational table, when using the Update API command, and when updating an existing record in the relational table directly in the application’s UI.
- UPSERT only — The contact enters the Journey either when a new record is created in the relational table with that contact’s email address, or if the contact’s existing record is updated. This option is triggered when both 'Import new contacts' and 'Update existing contacts' are selected when importing a data file into the relational table and when using the Upsert API command.
IMPORTANT: This Journey trigger will ONLY work when the contact’s table field is updated through the Relational Tables API, or manually directly from the user interface, or by uploading a file manually. Table field updates made by external applications, or by uploading a file via Data Journeys will NOT activate this trigger.
This trigger initiates when a subscription of a contact changes (e.g. from unsubscribed to subscribed)
You can select multiple lists in this trigger. When a contact’s subscription changes from unsubscribed to subscribed in a list, the Journey will trigger.
This trigger initiates when a contact gets added or removed from a tag.
In this trigger, you can select 2 functions at the same time. If someone gets added to a tag or if someone is removed from a tag.
**You can use multiple triggers in the same Journey, but it’s not recommended because there are a few challenges associated with using multiple triggers in one Journey.**
This trigger initiates when a contact visits a page on your web site, or clicks a link on your web site.
**This trigger requires you to have implemented Maropost’s web tracking on your site.**
There are three tabs that enable you to define the on-site event that initiates this trigger.
- Page Views – A contact will enter the Journey as soon as it views the page specified by this URL.
- The URL must be for a page that is tracked by the Maropost web tracking script.
- You must enter the fully qualified URL of the web page as it is recorded by the Maropost web tracking script.
- By default, the Maropost web tracking script records the domain and path of the web page. It does not record query string parameters appended to the page URL.
- If your web developer is overriding the default page URL, then you must enter the page URL according to overridden URL.
- Link Clicks – A contact will enter the Journey as soon as it clicks a link specified by this URL.
- The URL must be for a link on a page that is tracked by the Maropost web tracking script.
- The web page corresponding to the link URL does *not* have to be tracked by the Maropost web tracking script.
- Web Funnel – A contact will enter the Journey depending upon when it completes, abandons, or recovers a web funnel. Use this trigger to send re-marketing emails to contacts who abandon a funnel (e.g. abandoned a shopping cart, didn’t complete a membership profile form, didn’t finish a questionnaire or survey, etc.)