With Maropost for Commerce, you can sell products either as one-time purchases or purchased as subscriptions.
Products Index View
Select Products from the main menu. The Products index page will show you the most recent trailing 30-day sales by product.
- Total Products -- total individual products sold
- Units Sold -- the total number of product units sold
- Sales -- total product sales
- Top Selling Product -- as determined by the most number of units sold.
Create a new product by clicking the [+New Product] button on the Products index page.
- Product Name -- enter the name of your product as it will appear in your web store.
- Categories -- select the Product Categories for this product as it will appear in the web store.
- Tags -- start typing to tag this product. If a tag is already created, you can add it here. Product tags are used in transferring sales order information to Maropost for Marketing.
- SKU -- Enter the product SKU. It will appear in the Inventory exports that you send to your product fulfillment provider.
- Product Description -- Enter the description of your product as it will appear in your web store.
- Allow Subscriptions -- check this box if you want this product to be purchased on a subscription plan. You can add as many subscription plans as you want to present different payment options such as an annual subscription paid monthly, or annually at a discount off the monthly rate. When customers add this product to their carts, the subscription plans added here will appear in the cart, giving the customers the option to purchase on the plan of their choice.
- Has Multiple Variants -- check this box if your product has variants such as size and color. When you add these variants, you'll have the option to select which combination of variant options you have in stock. The variants and their options will appear in the web store for customers to select. If a customer selects a particular combination of variant options that you do not currently stock, a message will appear on the screen.
- NOTE: Be careful with your selection. Once you've specified the variants, you cannot undo your edits.
- Short Description -- enter a short description that will appear in the cart, purchase confirmation emails, and invoices.
- Product Type -- select the product type that you created in Settings.
- Brand (optional) -- enter the product brand. it will appear in the product description page in the web store.
- Vendor (optional) -- enter the vendor of this product. It will appear in the product description page in the web store.
- Publisher (optional) -- enter the publisher of this product. It will appear in the product description page in the web store.
- SKU -- enter the Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) assigned to this product. If this product has variants, then each variant will have its own SKU.
- Available On (optional) -- enter the date that this product will first be visible on your web store.
- Discontinue On (optional) -- enter the date that this product will no longer appear on your web store.
- Is taxable -- check this box if you are required to collect sales tax on sales of this product.
- Compare Price -- Enter the comparison price for the product, if you want it to appear in the web store.
- Price -- enter the selling price of the product. This is the price that sales tax, price-based shipping charges (if applicable), and sales revenue will be based upon. The currency of the product is determined by the base currency you defined for your web store.
- Cost Price -- enter the price for computing profit margin in your reports.
- Avalara Tax Code -- unless otherwise specified, all products will be taxed at the general product tax code. Select a specific tax code if you want this product to be accurately taxed at the approprite rate.
- Requires Shipping -- check this box if you wish to add shipping charges when this product is added to the shopping cart.
- Weight -- select the unit of measure and enter the weight of the product. It will be used to calculate weight-based shipping charges
- Dimensions -- enter the length, width, and height of the container that this product will by default be shipped in, along with the dimension unit of measure. The container dimensions will also be used to for calculating the product's dimensional weight for shipping charges.
- Track Inventory -- check this box if you want to track inventory levels for this product. If the product has variants, then you will be able to set the inventory levels for each SKU.
- Locations and Quantity -- the list of inventory locations will appear here. Enter the quantity of inventory you have at each location.
- Allow purchase even if out of stock -- normally out of stock items cannot be purchased. You would only check this box if you know that inventory will soon be available to fulfill an order.