You can create as many products as you want for your web store. Commerce Cloud supports both tangible and non-tangible goods and services, including those that are sold on subscription or payment plans.
You can also create any number of product variants such as clothing size and color. You can assign each product variant its own stock keeping unit (SKU) and track its inventory at multiple locations.
If you have a product without any variants, continue with the section below. If you want to create a product with variants, first read "Adding Variants to Your Products" then return to this page.
You can view your products by selecting the Products menu item from the Main Menu. To view an individual product's record, first open the Action menu by clicking the three vertical dots on the right side of the Products index screen. Then, click the View icon.
Create a Product
Create a new product by clicking the [+New Product] button on the Products index page.
- Product Name -- Enter the name of your product as it will appear in your web store.
- SKU -- Enter the product SKU. It will appear in the Inventory exports that you send to your product fulfillment provider.
- Description -- Enter the description of your product as it will appear in your web store.
- Product Type -- If you select "Physical", then sales tax and shipping charges will be automatically calculated in the shopping cart.
- Categories -- Select the Product Categories for this product. If you haven't yet created your categories, read Product Categories first.
- Tags -- Select the Product Tags for this product. If you haven't yet created product tags yet, read Product Tags first.
- Manufacturer -- Enter the manufacturer of this product. It will appear in the product description page in the web store.
- Publisher -- Enter the publisher of this product. It will appear in the product description page in the web store.
- Weight -- Enter the weight of the product. It will be used to calculate shipping charges (if you are charging shipping based on weight).
- Weight Type -- Enter the unit of measure for your product's weight in either grams, kilo grams, or pounds.
- Options -- If your product includes variants (e.g. size, color, etc), please be sure to read Adding Variants to your Products before proceeding any further. Once you've created your product attributes, select the ones you want for this product. NOTE: Be careful with your selection. Once you've specified the Product Options, you cannot undo your edits.
- Price -- Enter the price of the product. The currency of the product is determined by the base currency you defined for your web store.
- Compare Price -- Enter the comparison price for the product, if you want it to appear in the web store.
Edit a Product
You can directly edit a product's details from the Products index page. Open the Action menu by clicking the three vertical dots on the right side of the page for the product you wish to edit. Then, click the Edit icon.
You can also edit a product's details when viewing it. Simply click the Edit icon located at the top right corner of the page.