To store contacts in lists, you must first create a list and then add contacts to it either by manually adding them or by importing them. To learn about contact lists and how to manage them, see Introduction to Contact Lists.
Perform the following steps to create a list:
- In Navigation, go to AUDIENCE, and select Contact Lists. On the Contact Lists index page, click the New List button.
- The New List dialog box opens where you can specify the list details.
The following lists all the fields and their description:
Name – The name of the list.
From Name – The default From Name in the campaign that is using the list.
From Email – The default From email address in the campaign that is using the list.
- Reply-to Email – The default Reply-to email address in the campaign that is using the list.
- Address – The default postal address in the campaign that is using the list.
- Language – The default language for system-generated links in the campaign that is using the list.
- Add to Unsubscribe Page – Selecting 'Yes' means that the list will appear in the Manage Subscription page and allow the contact to select it to subscribe or de-select it to unsubscribe from the list.
- Brand – Associates the list with a Brand. When you select a Brand in the campaign builder, all lists that are associated with the Brand get pre-selected by default. If a contact selects the 'unsubscribe from all lists' option of a Branded campaign, then the contact will be unsubscribed from all lists that are associated with the same brand.
- POST URL – A webhook that will fire each time a contact’s subscription status to the list changes. The platform will send a JSON-formatted payload to an API endpoint that you provide.
NOTE: The webhook will NOT be triggered if a contact’s profile field values change. If you want your system to be notified whenever a contact’s field values change, then you must set up a webhook in your account.
- List Type
- Normal – All contacts subscribed to this list will be included as the target audience of the campaign using this list.
- Suppressed – All contacts subscribed to the list will be excluded from receiving the campaign that uses the list as a suppression.
- Display Name – The friendly name of the list as it appears in the Manage Subscription page.
- Description – The description of the list as it appears in the Manage Subscription page
- Click the Save button.