To create a New List, please follow these steps:
- Hover your cursor over ‘Email’. From the drop-down, click on ‘Contacts’. Now, click ‘New List’ located on the bottom-right of your screen.
- The New List pop-up will now appear. You can read more about the options below the image.
Name – Enter a name for the list.
- From Name – The default From Name that will appear in a campaign when this list is selected as the target audience.
- From Email – The default From Email Address that will appear in a campaign when this list is selected.
- Reply-to Email – The default Reply-to Email Address that will appear in a campaign when this list is selected.
- Address – The default postal address that will appear in a campaign when this list is selected.
- Language – The language setting for the campaign will change to this selection when you use this list in the campaign.
- Add to Unsubscribe Page – Selecting 'Yes' means that this list will appear in the Manage Subscription page and allow the contact to select it to subscribe or de-select it to unsubscribe from the list.
- Brand – Associates this list with a Brand that you have created. When you select a Brand in the Campaign Editor, all lists that are associated with the Brand will be pre-selected by default. If a contact selects the 'unsubscribe from all lists' option of a Branded campaign, then the contact will be unsubscribed from all lists that are associated with the same brand.
- POST URL – A web hook that will fire each time a contact’s subscription status to the list changes. The platform will send a JSON-formatted payload to an API endpoint that you provide.
NOTE: This web hook will NOT be triggered if a contact’s profile field values change. If you want your system to be notified whenever a contact’s field values change then you will need to set up a web hook with your account profile.
- List Type
- Normal – All contacts subscribed to this list will be included in the target audience of a campaign that is sent to this list.
- Suppressed – All contacts with only subscribed status to the list will be excluded from a campaign that uses the list as a suppression.
- Display Name – The friendly name of the list as it appears in the Manage Subscription page.
- Description – The description of the list as it appears in the Manage Subscription page
[In video] Creating a list: