In today's day and age, it is critical for a marketer to test and optimize mails. With a plethora of devices at the customer's disposal, Maropost makes it easier than ever to ensure that your message reaches your intended audience in the best way possible. Here's how to go about it:
Select Email >> Content >> Live Content. Then, click the Add New Item icon on the right-hand side of the menu bar and select 'New Optimize on Open'
- Image Group: Enter the name for this image group.
- Default Image: This is the image that your contacts will see when they first open your email provided they read it before its expiry date.
- Add Image: Click this button to select an image from the Image Library or to upload an image from your desktop..
- Click-through URL: Enter the URL of the landing page that will load in the contacts browser when the image is clicked.
- Expires At: If the contact opens the email after this expiry date and time (in Eastern Time Zone), then the next image in this sequence will appear.
- (optional) Add another image to the sequence by clicking the ‘+’ icon. You can add as many images you want to the sequence with each having their own expiry date and time.
- Expiry Image: This is the image that will always appear in the email every time it is read after the preceding image’s expiry has passed.
Here’s an example of a 7-day series in which a different image will appear in the email depending upon which day the email is opened.
Click the [Save] button to create your new 'Optimize on Open' image group.
Once you’ve saved your Optimize on Open image group, click on its name in the Optimize on Open index screen.
Image Tag: Click the 'Copy' icon to copy the HTML code for the image tag to your clipboard. This will be the URL of the image tag’s SRC attribute.
Click Through Tag: Click the Copy icon to copy the HTML code of the click-through link to your clipboard. This will be the URL of the Anchor tag’s HREF attribute.
Using the Optimize on Open image group in your email content is as follows:
<a href="https://app.maropost.com/accounts/500/image_groups/24/live_click_url_tag"> <img src="https://app.marpost.com/accounts/500/image_groups/24/live_image_tag"> </a>