In this day and age, it is critical for a marketer to test and optimize emails. An Optimize on Open image group is a single image tag that can display a different image in an email depending upon the date and time the email is being viewed. You can use this feature when you want to display a different offer or a different call to action within an email depending upon when the email is read.
Managing Optimize on Open Image Groups
You can create and manage the Optimize on Open image Groups on the Optimize on Open index page. To access the page, in Navigation, go to CONTENT, and then select Optimize on Open.
On this page, you can create a new Optimize on Open image group and manage the existing ones. Use the actions to edit and delete the previously created image groups. You can click the name of an image group to view the tag link that can be used within an email.
The following screenshot shows the Optimize on Open index page and highlights the navigation step and available actions:
Creating an Optimize on Open Image Group
Perform the following steps to create a new Optimize on Open image group:
- On the Optimize on Open index page, click the New Optimize on Open button.
- On the New Image Group page, enter a name for the image group.
- Create a Default Image. The Default Image is the image that your contacts see when they first open your email, provided they read it before its expiry date.
- Add Image: Select an image from the Image Library or to upload an image from your desktop.
- Click-through URL: Enter the URL of the landing page that will load in the browser of the contact when the image is clicked.
- Expires At: Enter a date and time at which the image expires. If the contact opens the email after this expiry date and time (in Eastern Time Zone), then the next image in this sequence will appear.
Here’s an example of a 7-day series in which a different image will appear in the email depending upon which day the email is opened:
Using an Optimize on Open Image Group
To use an Optimize on Open image group, you need its image and click-through tag links. On the Optimize on Open index page, click the name of the image group that you want to use. Here, you can see the tag links along with other details of the image group.
- Image Tag: Click the Copy icon to copy the HTML code for the image tag to your clipboard. This is to be used as the URL of the image tag’s SRC attribute.
- Click Through Tag: Click the Copy icon to copy the HTML code of the click-through link to your clipboard. This is to be used as the URL of the Anchor tag’s HREF attribute.
Here's how you can use the tag links in your email content:
<a href="https://app.maropost.com/accounts/500/image_groups/24/live_click_url_tag"> <img src="https://app.marpost.com/accounts/500/image_groups/24/live_image_tag"> </a>