Maropost Marketing Cloud’s API is based on the RESTful Framework. The extensive catalog of API methods allows System Developers to create/read/update/delete data within the platform.
Tips for Proper Usage
- Access the API methods via HTTPS to take advantage of security inherent to this protocol.
- Always include auth_token as a query string parameter — even for POST, PUT, and DELETE method calls.
- The HTTP protocol is not designed for socket connections that remain open for extended periods of time. There is an inherent time out that all web servers observe. For this reason, REST is not normally appropriate for retrieving vast amount of data out of Maropost Marketing Cloud. Consider using Data Journeys for automated bulk data imports and exports instead.
- Use the streaming API option to for bulk data retrieval that can only be obtained via API.
Create an API Authentication Token
- Hover your cursor over your username and click “Connections.”
- Click the “API Keys” tab to view a list of API authentication tokens.
- Click the “Add Keys” link on the page.
- In the popup screen, enter a user-friendly name for the API key, and assign the access privileges accordingly.
- Click the [Add] button. The API key will be generated and displayed on the screen.
Online API Guide
- On the “Connections” page, click the “API Documentation” tab.
- Click each of the tabs in the online guide to view specific details of each API method
- Reports API – methods in this API are used primarily to retrieve campaign response data for contacts within a date range regardless of which campaign has been sent. Methods also include those to retrieve aggregate delivery and response metrics for campaign reports, test reports, journey reports, and custom reports.
- Contents API – View/create/edit/delete email content
- Content Image API – adds an image to the Image Library from an external source specified by the image’s file path URL.
- Campaigns API – create and send marketing promotional campaigns. Also, retrieve delivery and response metrics for a specified campaign.
- Contacts API – subscribe and unsubscribe contacts to email marketing lists; add/remove contact tags. View all information for a given contact including standard and custom fields, list subscriptions, journeys and product purchase history.
- Tags API – create/view/delete contact tags
- Custom Fields API – create/view/delete custom fields
- Lists API – create and delete lists, also view aggregate delivery and response metrics for campaigns sent to a given list.
- Secure Lists API – create and import a secure suppression list.
- Do Not Mail List API – add and remove a contact in the Do Not Mail list. Search if a contact is present in the Do Not Mail list.
- Brands Do Not Mail List API – add and remove a contact in a specific Brand Do Not Mail list. Search if a contact is present in a specific Brand Do Not Mail list.
- Product/Revenue API – add a contact’s purchase history data to the Product/Revenue database.
- Workflows API – legacy API methods that are scheduled to be deprecated at some point in the future. Please use the Journeys API. All new feature development will be done in the Journeys API.
- Journeys API – pause, restart, reset, and stop a contact’s flow through a journey.
- Relational Tables API – create/modify/delete/view the meta data of a relational table’s structure. This is not the API to use to add/view/edit/delete data within the tables themselves. Instead, use the APIs for each relational table.
- Transactional API – create and send a transactional message. Includes the ability to include personalized content within the body of the transactional message.
- Push Notifications API – create and send a mobile app broadcast message. Also can create and send a transactional push notification.