Using our native integration, you can pass over purchase orders from your Shopify account into Maropost for Marketing.
Contacts and their subsequent purchases are passed from Shopify to Maropost in real-time as soon as the orders are placed on your Shopify web store. Contact records in Maropost for Marketing are either updated or created using the email address as the lookup key. If the email address exists in Maropost then the contact record is updated with the latest purchase history. If the email address does not exist, then a new contact is created with that email address.
Setting Up Integration with Shopify
- Log into your Shopify account and create a private app under the Apps tab.
- Upon saving the details of the private app, you’ll see the system-generated API key and password for the app.
- Next, log into Maropost for Marketing. Click your profile name on the top-right corner and from the drop-down menu, select Connections.
- On the Connections page, click the Shopify tab and then the Add Settings link.
- In the Integration Type dialog box, select Order Created Customers.
- In the Create order customers Settings dialog box, enter the details of the integration, and then save the configuration.
Enter or select values for the following fields:
- Name: Enter a name for the integration.
- Shop name: Enter the shop name from your Shopify store’s URL. For example, if your Shopify URL is 'Magellan-stores.shopify.com', then enter 'Magellan-Stores' in this field.
- API key: Enter the system-generated API key of your app. See step 2.
- Password: Enter the system-generated password of your app. See step 2.
- Integrate with list: Select the Maropost for Marketing list to which you want to subscribe the Shopify purchasers that will be imported.
- After you’ve saved your configuration, you’ll see the integration displayed in the list of integrations. Copy the full POST URL.
- Go back to your Shopify account.
- Select Settings >> Notifications >> Add Webhook. Paste the POST-back URL that you copied from your Marketing for Marketing account.
- Select Settings >> Add a Webhook >> Event >> Order Creation >> Format and then select JSON.
Shopify Fields Mapping to Maropost Fields:
|Shopify fields||Maropost fields|
|For each order item:|
|Contact records come from Shopify as a hash of email address, first name, and last name:|
Additionally, the shipping address from Shopify can be stored as custom fields in Maropost for Marketing.
Create the following custom fields named exactly as follows:
📋 Note: This information comes from Shopify as a hash of city, province, address1, zip, and country.