You can pass over purchase order history from your Shopify account into Maropost Marketing Cloud using our native integration.
Contacts and their purchase history are passed from Shopify to Maropost in real-time as soon as the orders are placed in your Shopify web store. Contact records in Maropost Marketing Cloud are either updated or created using the email address as the lookup key. If the email address exists in Maropost then the contact record will be updated with the latest purchase history. If the email address does not exist, then a new contact will be created with that email address.
Set up your integration
- Log in to your Shopify account and create a “private app” under the Apps tab displayed in the menu bar on the left hand side.
- Save the details of the private app. You’ll see the system-generated API key and password for that app.
- Log in to Maropost Marketing Cloud.
- On the Connections page, click the “Shopify” tab and then the “Add Settings” link. Select “Order Created Customers” in the menu. The settings modal will now appear:
- Name: Enter a name for this connection.
- Shop name: Use the shop name as from your Shopify store’s URL. For example if your Shopify URL is “magellan-stores.shopify.com” then enter “magellan-stores” in this field.
- API key: This is the system-generated API key from Step 2 above.
- Password: This is the system-generated password from Step 2 above.
- Integrate with List: Select the Maropost Marketing Cloud list that you want to subscribe all Shopify purchasers to when they are imported in.
- Click the [Save] button to save the configuration.
- From the Shopify integrations index screen, you’ll now see a POST-back URL displayed.
- Go back to your Shopify account.
- Select Settings >> Notifications >> Add Webhook. Copy the POST-back URL from your Marketing Marketing Cloud account and paste it here.
- Select Settings >> Add a Webhook >> Event >> Order Creation >> Format and select “JSON”.
Shopify Fields Mapping to Maropost Fields
|Shopify fields||Maropost fields|
|For each order item|
|Contact records come from Shopify as a hash of email address, first name, and last name|
In addition, the shipping address from Shopify can be stored as custom fields in Maropost Marketing Cloud.
Create the following custom fields named exactly as follows:
This information comes from Shopify as a hash of city, province, address1, zip, and country.
You can view your customers’ purchase history within their contact profiles. Click on the “Product & Revenue” tab on a contact’s profile to view the items purchased.