The Account Settings section is where you can make all changes to your account apart from email, password, or personal information. The changes you’re able to make in Account Settings are: adding/deleting a new user, modifying privileges, managing ‘Do Not Mail’ list, changing link tracking domain, and specifying a custom field that you want to use to uniquely identify your contacts.
Note: An account can have unlimited user accounts, but only one Admin account.
To access account settings, please follow these steps:
- Hover your cursor over your username and click Account Settings.
- Once clicked, you will be shown the ‘Accounts Settings’ page. On the left, it shows the options to edit language, address, website, link tracking domain, Do Not Mail list, add HTTP POST URL, and specify a custom field that you want to use to uniquely identify your contacts.
- Link Tracking domain: This link is used for tracking opens and clicks from any URL sent in your content. This link replaces the default Maropost link. All click traffic on your tracking domain, including clicks on links will be stored in the Maropost reports section.
- E.g. This is the Maropost link: http://links.mp2200.com/, which will be replaced by the link stored under link tracking domain of your account.
- HTTP POST: This is a webhook API call which is used for integrating data with any system you have. Whenever a new contact is added or an existing one is modified or deleted, all the details for the contact (default and custom fields) will be sent in a JSON-formatted payload to the API endpoint that you specify here.
NOTE: This webhook fires ONLY when there is a change to the contact record. It will not fire if there is a change to the contact’s subscription status to any given list. To be notified when subscription status changes for any particular list, you will need to set up a webhook API endpoint with that specific list.
- Do Not Mail List: This is a global suppression list for your account. Any contact stored in the list will be suppressed from receiving any email from the account.
Unique Identifier: Use this optional feature if your own internal systems refer to your contacts by some identifier such as a member ID, customer ID, or some other type of unique profile ID. Adding this unique contact profile ID to your contact database in Maropost Marketing Cloud allows you to create and update contact records referencing them by their member ID which is provided by your internal system.
If your internal system is able to track each contact’s email address, mobile number, and mobile app device ID, then the unique identifier field will enable you to trigger the sending of emails, text messages, and mobile app messages all from within the same Journey.
To set up a Unique Identifier, click the ‘Create’ link. A list of custom fields will appear. Select the custom field that you want to use as your unique identifier of contact records. NOTE: Only custom fields of a String data type can be used as a unique identifier. You can change which custom field you want to use as your unique identifier by clicking the ‘Edit’ link and selecting a different custom field.