The ACCOUNT tab on the Account Details page is where you can manage all your account-related information and tasks. This includes:
- Viewing your account information
- Updating account-specific information
- Setting up account-level configurations
- Managing the suppression lists
- Deleting contacts in bulk
Accessing the ACCOUNT Tab:
Click your username on the top-right corner of the application and from the drop-down list, select Account Details. Then, on the Account Details page, select the ACCOUNT tab.
Manage Account Information and Configurations
Editing Account-related Information
You can edit the following details of your account:
- Account Name – Name of your account.
- Client Name – Name of the company/agency/owner when you have multiple accounts, each specific to a different client.
- Industry – The industry with which your business is associated.
- Language – Indicates the language to be used for your system generated links in the campaigns. The language you set here is prepopulated in the campaign creation flow but can be overridden if needed.
- Website – Indicates the website of your business to be used in the campaigns.
- Link Tracking Domain – Indicates the domain link that is used for tracking opens and clicks from any URL sent in your content. This link replaces the default Maropost link. All click traffic on your tracking domain, including clicks on links, will be stored in the Maropost reports section.
- HTTP Post URL – Indicates the webhook API call that is used for integrating data with your system. Whenever a new contact is added or an existing one is modified or deleted, all the details for the contact (default and custom fields) will be sent in a JSON-formatted payload to the API endpoint that you specify here. For more detailed information, see Webhook Integrations.
📋 Note: This webhook fires ONLY when there is a change to the contact record. It will not fire if there is a change to the contact’s subscription status to any given list. To be notified when subscription status changes for any particular list, you will need to set up a webhook API endpoint with that specific list.
- Unique Identifier – Select a custom field to designate the field as the unique identifier for your contact records. For more detailed information, see Unique Identifier.
📋Note: Only custom fields of a String data type can be used as a unique identifier.
You can use the unique identifier feature if your own internal systems refer to your contacts by some identifier such as a member ID, customer ID, or some other type of unique profile ID. Adding this unique contact profile ID to your contact database in Maropost allows you to create and update contact records referencing them by their member ID which is provided by your internal system.
If your internal system is able to track each contact’s email address, mobile number, and mobile app device ID, then the unique identifier field will enable you to trigger the sending of emails, text messages, and mobile app messages all from within the same Journey.
- Include Custom Email Subject Line in all Test Campaigns – Indicates the phrase to be attached to the subject of all your test emails. The phrase you define here can be helpful in distinguishing a test email in the inbox.
Updating Your Address
You can edit the address of your business. The address you set here is prepopulated in the campaign creation flow but can be overridden if needed.
📋 Note: This address will be available to use as part of your email footer. This will not overwrite your current address within footer management. To change your footer email please adjust within footer management.
Managing Global Lists
Maropost maintains the following global lists:
- Do Not Mail List – An account-level suppression list for email campaigns. Any contact stored in the list will be suppressed from receiving any email from the account.
- Brands Do Not Mail List – A brand-specific suppression list.
- Do Not SMS List – An account-specific suppression list for SMS campaigns. Any contact stored in the list will be suppressed from receiving any SMS from the account.
In the Manage Global Lists section, you can import, export (also in encrypted format), and manage the suppression lists.
From the Actions drop-down list, select Manage to drill-down to view all the contacts in the list. Here, you can add, edit, and delete contacts in the list. If you have multiple Brands Do Not Mail lists, you will be able to filter the list by brands to view and manage its contacts.
To learn more about these lists, see Suppression (Do Not Mail) Lists.
The Delete Contacts section enables you to delete contacts in bulk. Simply, upload the lists that you want to delete by clicking the Import icon.