Text messages are a highly effective tool that you can leverage to reach your target audience. Stats show that SMS messages have the highest open rates of all marketing channels and are usually opened within 3 minutes of being received. This means it can be an extremely valuable channel of communication for marketers. However, the disruptiveness of an SMS message also means that marketers must be very careful with the content sent to ensure that it’s valuable for end contacts, while also ensuring compliance with regulations.
To learn about the compliance regulations, see SMS Compliance.
Before You Begin
In order to activate the SMS Messaging feature, you will first need to complete a pre-screening assessment to ensure that your SMS marketing program is in compliance with the regulations.
Managing SMS Campaigns
The SMS Campaigns index page is the starting page on which you can view and manage the previously created SMS campaigns and also create the new SMS campaigns. In Navigation, go to CAMPAIGNS, and then click SMS Campaigns.
📋 Note: If you are unable to see the SMS Campaigns index page, please contact your Customer Success Manager to start the activation process.
You can create a new campaign from scratch by clicking the Compose Your Message button (to learn more, see Creating SMS Campaigns) or duplicate it from a previously created campaign. Once a campaign is sent, you cannot make changes to it; however, you can edit or delete a campaign that is in Draft status.
To know how you can manage your contacts for sending SMS campaigns, see Managing SMS Contacts.
The SMS dashboard provides all the relevant information of an SMS campaign at a glance. Click the SMS campaign name on the SMS Campaigns index page to go to its dashboard.
The dashboard is divided into three sections and consists of the following:
A preview of how your message is displayed to your contacts. It shows the SMS content and is scrollable if the content is long.
Campaign Performance Insights
The following performance insights for the SMS campaign are shown as tiles:
- Total Sends – The total number of SMS sent in the campaign.
- Total Delivered – The number of delivered SMS. The percentage shown in the tile is calculated as: (SMS delivered/SMS sends) * 100.
- Total Not Delivered – The number of SMS that were not delivered. The percentage shown in the tile is calculated as: (SMS undelivered/SMS sends) * 100.
- Total Replies – The number of replies received for the SMS. The percentage shown in the tile is calculated as: (Replies received/SMS sends) * 100.
The campaign details section include the following information:
- Status of the SMS campaign stating whether it is in Draft or Sent.
- ID of the SMS campaign.
- Date on which the SMS campaign was created.
- Date on which the SMS campaign was last updated.
- Date on which the SMS campaign was sent.
- Lists selected in the SMS campaign.
- Mobile Keywords used in the SMS campaign.