In the Social Media module, select Social Campaigns >> Social Content from the main menu.
From the Social Content index screen, mouse over the 'Add Item' icon in the top-right corner of the menu bar. Then select 'Compose Your Post' from the drop-down selection. Alternatively, you can click the [Compose Your Post] button located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Category — Select one or more content categories that you will add the social content to.
- Select Account — Select one or more social network accounts that the content will be posted to.
- Post Text — Enter the text of your post. If your post includes a URL, Maropost for Marketing will automatically scramble the URL in the post so that we can track each click on the link before redirecting to the true landing page.
- Media URL — Enter the URL of an image or video that you want included in your post. You can either select an image from the Maropost Image Library, or you can enter your own URL for the media resource.
- Place the content in — Select the option for where in the content categories you want the post to be placed.
- Post in first available timeslot — (the default option) — Add the content to the selected Content Categories, placed at the front of their playlists.
- Add to random spot in queue — Add the content to the selected Content Categories, placed at a random place in their playlists.
- Add to end of queue — Add the content to the selected Content Categories, placed at a end of their playlists.
- Post on calendar — Schedules the content to the selected social media accounts ready to be posted on the specified Date/Time. The content is added to the back of the selected Content Categories’ queue. Until that time, this content is not in the Content Categories’ playlists.
- Post now — Immediately posts to the selected social media accounts. Then, the content is added to the back of the selected Content Categories’ queue. Until that time, this content is not in the Content Categories’ playlists.
- Expires on — Sets the Date and Time when the content will no longer be posted.
Once you’ve created your content, click the 'Preview' tab where you can preview how your post would look in each of the selected social networks. If your post includes a URL, then the preview will accurately render the content from the web page as it would appear in each social network.
Click the [Save] button when you’re done.