Maropost for Marketing includes a set of dashboard charts that give you real-time information as to how your users are engaging with your mobile app.
Combine mobile app usage charts with email campaign engagement charts on your dashboard to gain a cross-channel understanding how your customers are engaging with your brand messaging.
Mobile App Usage
The Mobile App Usage chart shows how your users are engaging with your mobile apps over time. The date range selector filters for mobile app sessions that were started within the specified dates. The chart is a stacked area chart showing the total number of user sessions broken down by each mobile OS. Use the additional filters to just view mobile app usage for a specific mobile OS, and for a specific mobile application.
- Total Sessions — The total number of sessions recorded during the date range.
- Daily Sessions — The average number of sessions per day.
- Session Length — The average length of each session.
- Unique Users — The total number of unique devices having at least one session.
- New Users — The total number of unique devices whose very first session was recorded during the specified date range.
- % New Users — The percentage of unique users who are new users.
Mobile App Engagement
The Mobile App Engagement chart gives you great insight into how long your users typically stay engaged with your mobile apps. The vertical bar chart shows the total number of users whose sessions lasted within each of the different time ranges.
The average session length is based on all sessions that started within the date range that you select.
This report gives you a rolling 30-day report of how your users are engaging with your mobile app.
- Total Active Users — The total number of mobile devices that had at least one session within the past 30 days.
- Average Daily Active Users — The average number of mobile devices having at least one session per day. This metric is just an average and does not count true number of sessions per day. Use the App Usage chart for this metric.
- Total New Users — The total number of mobile devices whose very first session was recorded within the past 30 days.
- Average Daily New Users — The average number of mobile devices per day.
- Average Daily Sessions per User — The total number of sessions over a 30-day period per active user per day. This is a useful comparison metric to track how often users engage with your mobile app repetitively within the same day.
- Inactive Users — The total number of mobile devices that have not had any active sessions within the past 30 days.
- Reactivated Users — The total number of mobile devices that had at least one active session in the past 30 days, but did not have any active sessions in the prior 30.
- Uninstalls — The total number of times the mobile apps were uninstalled in the past 30 days. Maropost for Marketing sends a 'silent push notification' to each registered mobile device once every 24 hours. A non-response from the mobile app is considered an uninstall.
Trailing 7-Day Usage
This chart allows you to compare how your users are interacting with your mobile app from week to week. Each of the three separate line charts track mobile app usage over the same 7-days of the week. You’d expect to see each of the line charts to look about the same. But, a sudden rise (or dip) in the current week’s usage right after deploying the latest version of your mobile app helps identify the success (or concern) of your latest version.
Mobile Campaign Reports
The Mobile Campaign Report shows how mobile app users have responded to the campaign that you’ve sent to them.
- Total Sent — The total number of push messages sent to registered mobile devices.
- Delivered — The total number of push messages that are successfully delivered to the mobile devices, expressed as a percentage of total messages sent. It is calculated as Total Sent – Total Failed.
- Failed — The total number of push messages that failed delivery, expressed as a percentage of total messages sent. Reasons include the user’s mobile device was turned off or was out of range at the time the message was sent.
- Impressions — The number of in-app messages that were displayed on the mobile devices, expressed as a percentage of total messages delivered.
- Total Clicks — The number of total banner clicks and total in-app clicks, expressed as a percentage of total messages delivered.
- Banner Clicks — The number of mobile app users who tapped the push notification, expressed as a percentage of total messages delivered.
- In-App Clicks — The number of mobile app users who tapped the in-app message, expressed as a percentage of total messages delivered.
- Click-to-Impression (CTI) Rate — The ratio of total in-app clicks to impressions expressed as a percentage.
NOTE: Android OS currently does not support the ability to track clicks on a push notification; it can only track clicks on an in-app message. Therefore the total clicks reported here will not be indicative of actual number of clicks.