Your Maropost account can have only one Admin account but multiple user accounts. In such a scenario, you might want to assign specific privileges to specific users. And, it's very easy to do so! Read on and find out how to go about it.
To add new users, go to Account Settings in the top-right corner and click ‘Add User’. Input the email address and assign privileges, which are detailed below. Click ‘Add’.
Types of Privileges:
Campaign: With this privilege, a user can create a new campaign, A/B campaign, and view the campaign index page. A user can also edit existing campaigns (recurring, scheduled, and campaigns saved as drafts only). A user cannot delete or modify a campaign that has already been sent.
**A user will be able to open the campaign show page and view the reports and detailed graphs specific to a campaign. However, they will not be able to view the ‘Overlay.’**
Accounts: With this privilege, a user can make account-level changes, such as:
– Adding a new user.
– Deleting an existing user.
– Modifying privileges for an existing user.
– Edit address, language, link tracking domain and website.
– Manage 'Do Not Mail' list.
– Export contacts from 'Do Not Mail' list.
– Import contacts into 'Do Not Mail' list.
– Manage Brands' DNM.
Contacts: With this privilege, a user will have access to all the lists saved under the contacts menu. A user will be able to:
– Create new lists.
– Edit lists.
– Delete lists.
– Import contacts into lists.
– View contacts present in the lists.
– Delete and edit contacts present in the lists.
– Access contact show page from the lists.
– Refresh lists to see the latest count.
– Create new custom fields.
– Edit custom fields.
– Delete custom fields.
– Edit default field value.
– Create new tags.
– Edit tags.
– Delete tags.
– Import contacts into tags.
– Add new brands.
– Edit brands.
– Access list details from within a brand.
– Create new segments.
– Edit segments.
– Delete segments.
– Duplicate segments.
**A user cannot export lists or segments with this privilege. To grant them that privilege, the option ‘Download Contacts’ needs to be turned on.**
Download Contacts: With this privilege, a user will be allowed to access export lists and segments. This also allows a user to refresh lists and segments.
Contents: With this privilege, a user will be able to access all the features present under the ‘Content’ menu, such as:
– View template library.
– Add templates.
– Edit templates (only if given user-level privileges during creation process.)
– Delete templates (same as above.)
– Preview existing templates.
– Create content from templates.
– Add template.
– Create new content.
– Edit existing content.
– Delete existing content.
– Duplicate existing content.
– Preview content.
– Click ‘Send Campaign’ below the content name, it opens a new campaign page.
– View image library.
– Create new folders.
– Add images.
– Add new footer.
– Edit existing footer.
– Delete an existing footer.
– Preview footer and set them as default.
Survey: With this privilege, a user will be able to create new surveys, as well as edit, preview, and delete them. A user will be able to see ‘Web tracking,’ which won’t appear unless they are given privileges to surveys or forms.
Reports: With this privilege, a user will have access to all the reporting in your account. A user will be able to view, filter, and create reports such as:
– Campaign reports.
– A/B campaign reports.
– Test campaign reports.
– Workflow reports.
– Website reports.
– Year-to-date reports.
– Custom reports.
Download Reports: This privilege will allow a user to export and download reports.
Automation: A user will be able to access workflows and cleansing rules when this privilege is enabled.
– Create new workflows.
– Edit existing workflows.
– Duplicate and delete existing workflows.
– Export contacts from workflows.
– View contacts present in workflows.
– Disable and enable workflows.
– Create a new cleansing rule.
– Edit existing cleansing rule.
– Delete existing cleansing rule.
– Disable and enable cleansing rule.
Forms: With this privilege, a user will be allowed to access forms and various actions associated with it such as:
– Create a new form.
– Preview forms.
– Check HTML code for forms.
– Edit and delete forms.
– Export pending contacts from double opt-in forms.
Relational Tables: This privilege gives access to tables and SQL queries.
– Create a new table.
– Edit existing tables.
– Delete and duplicate existing tables.
– Import contacts into tables.
– Export contacts from tables.
– Create new SQL queries.
– Edit and delete existing ones.
- Export and execute.
**When enabled, a new tab, ‘Relational tables’ will appear on the ‘Connections’ page.**
FTP Upload: With this privilege, a user will be able to import contacts using FTP upload. When enabled, a new tab 'SFTP access' will appear on the ‘Connections’ page.