The Maropost for Salesforce package enables you to selectively transfer your Leads and Contacts into your Maropost for Marketing account. These instructions are a step-by-step guide how to configure your package.
NOTE: You must have Administrator access rights to accomplish this configuration.
Create a Salesforce Report
You can create different Salesforce reports, each one pushing its set of Leads or Contacts to its own Maropost list.
You must follow these steps in order for your report to properly synch with a Maropost list.
- The first field of the report MUST be either the Lead ID or the Contact ID.
- The second field of the report MUST be the custom "Custom Auto" field that your Salesforce Admin previously created during the installation and configuration steps. The "Custom Auto" field MUST also be sorted in ascending order.
- The report MUST be filtered by the "Custom Auto" field with value greater than zero AND it must be set as the first filter criteria.
Select Which Leads and Contacts to Transfer to Maropost
- Log in to the Salesforce org that is connected to your Maropost for Marketing account.
- Select "Maropost" from the App Menu, and then click on "MP Accounts".
- Click the "Set Up Maropost Account ...." link to view the Maropost Account configuation screen.
- Enter a name in the "Business Type" field, and click [Save].
- Go back to the "MP Accounts" menu option and click the link under the "Account Mapped Lists" heading.
- Click [New] to open the List Mapping configuration screen.
- Maropost List -- Select the name of the Maropost list that you want to synch with the Salesforce Report. The selection of Lists will display the 200 most recently created/updated lists from your Maropost for Marketing account.
- Salesforce Report -- Select the name of the Salesforce Report that you want to synch with the Maropost List.
- Create New Maropost Contacts -- Using the Lead or Contact's email address as the lookup key, a new Maropost contact will be created if one does not exist in your Maropost for Marketing account.
- Update Maropost Contacts -- Using the Lead or Contact's email address as the lookup key, the corresponding Maropost contact's record will be updated if one exists.
- Push to Maropost every day at -- Select the hour, minute, and time zone that you want to push your Saleforce Report members into Maropost.
- Lead Field Mapping -- Click the [+] icon to add one mapping between a Maropost contact field and a Salesforce lead field. Click the [+] icon to add more field mappings. Click the [x] icon to remove a field mapping.
- Contact Field Mapping -- Repeat the same steps as above to map between Maropost contact fields and Salesforce contact fields.
- Click [Save] if you just want to save the configuration and let the data push run as the scheduled time. Or, click [Save & Sync Now] if you want the data push to run immediately.
NOTE: When the data push from Salesforce into Maropost runs, any contacts in the Maropost list that are not included in the Salesforce report will be automatically unsubscribed from the list. This process ensures that the set of active contacts in the Maropost list are always in synch with those from your Salesforce report.
NOTE: The data push will run in batches of 2000 records each. Hence if you are pushing 10,000 Leads from a Salesforce report into a Maropost list, there will be 5 separate batches (equals 5 API calls) to accomplish this push.