The process of creating an email campaign is divided into 4 steps. While you are required to fill out the mandatory fields to move to next step, you can use the breadcrumb trail to move back and forth between the steps.
📋Note: Before creating an email campaign, you must create the contacts (in form of list or table or segment) and content.
Perform the following steps to create an email campaign:
- In the Navigation, go to CAMPAIGNS, select Email Campaigns. On the Email Campaigns page, click CREATE NEW.
- On the Create New Campaign page, click Email Campaign.
- In step 1, you enter the campaign related details. Refer the Step 1 - Campaign Details section of this article.
- In step 2, you select the contacts for sending the campaign. Optionally, you can also select the contacts from whom to suppress the campaign. Refer the Step 2 - Contacts section of this article.
- In step 3, you select the content for your campaign and check your spam score. Refer the Step 3 - Content section of this article.
- In step 4, you select a delivery method and schedule for your campaign. Refer Step 4 - Schedule section of this article.
After a campaign is successfully scheduled or sent, you will see a success message.
Step 1 - Campaign Details
On the Campaign Details page, do the following:
- Fill in the campaign details. Enter or select value for the following fields:
Field Name Mandatory or Optional Description Campaign Name Yes Enter a name for the campaign. Subject Yes Enter a text to be shown as subject of the campaign. Preheader No Enter a summary text that follows the subject line when the email is viewed from the inbox. From Name Yes Enter the name of the sender. From Email Yes Enter the email ID of the sender. Reply To Yes Enter the email ID in which you want to receive replies from your contacts. Language Yes Select the language for your system generated links in the campaign. The supported languages are: English and French. English is selected by default. Campaign Tags No
Select the tag for the campaign. You can select multiple tags for a campaign.
📋Note: The campaign tags are helpful for selecting groups of campaigns when creating a custom report.
Address Yes Enter the physical address of your business. By default, the field is pre-populated with address from you account information.
- Click Next to move to step 2.
Step 2 - Contacts
On the Contacts page, do the following:
- Select contacts for the campaign. Enter or select values for the following fields:
Field Name Mandatory (Yes/No) Description Brands No
Select the names of the brands that you want to associate with the campaign.
If a brand is selected, the campaign email header will include the DKIM header associated with the selected brand. Additionally, the masked links will use the brand’s link tracking domain, and the campaign will be sent using the brand’s IP address.
Select List No Select the list of contacts that must receive the campaign. Select Segment No Select the segments of contacts that must receive the campaign. Select Table No Select the relation tables of contacts that must receive the campaign.
- Optionally, you can select the contacts to exclude them from receiving the campaign. Enter or select values for the following fields:
Field Name Mandatory (Yes/No) Description Select Suppress List No Select the list of contact that must not receive the campaign. Select Suppress Journey No Select the journeys that you want to exclude from receiving the campaign. Select Suppress Segment No Select the segment of contacts that must not receive the campaign. Select Suppress Secure List No Select the secure list of contacts (in MD5 hash format) that must not receive the campaign.
- Click Save and then Next to move to step 3.
Step 3 - Content
On the Content page, do the following:
- Select content for the campaign. Enter or select value for the following fields:
Field Name Mandatory (Yes/No) Description Content Name No Select the content for your campaign from the list of existing content. Show email preview link No If the toggle is turned on, a text "If you are having trouble viewing this email, click here” is automatically inserted into the top of your campaign. Dynamic content preview No If the toggle is turned on, the dynamic tags are replaced in the content preview and the content is shown as it will appear in the email. Render Preview No See a preview of your campaign content in various email clients including mobile, web browsers, desktop email clients. The previews are available for multiple operating systems and browsers.
- Click Spam Check. The spam score must be less than 5 to be able to send the campaign.
📋Note: If your content has higher spam score, you will see the relevant error message and will have the option to improve the spam score before you can send or schedule the campaign.
- Click Next to move to step 4.
Step 4 - Schedule
On the Schedule page, do the following:
- Select from the following methods to specify how your campaign is delivered:
- Send Now: Sends the campaign right away. You will be required to review the campaign information and confirm before the campaign is sent.
- Priority Send: Sends the campaign based on user engagement for stronger inbox delivery. The campaign is sent to most engaged users first, while the non-openers receive it in the end.
- Timezone Optimization: Sends the campaign to your contacts as per their time zone.
- Send-Time Optimization: Sends the campaign at your contacts' best day or time based on their email opening habits.
- If both Best Time and Best Day check boxes are selected, the campaign is sent at the best day and time as per the contacts’ email opening habits, ignoring the entered date and time.
- For contacts without prior history, the campaign is sent at the date and time selected in the date picker.
- Conversion-Time Optimization: Sends the campaign at your contacts' best day or time based on their online purchase habits.
- If both Best Time and Best Day check boxes are selected, the campaign is sent at the best day and time as per the contacts’ online purchase habits, ignoring the entered date and time.
- For contacts without prior history, the campaign is sent at the date and time selected in the date picker
- Recurring: Sends the campaign periodically at a specified schedule.
- Optionally, you can use the Pre-Send Calculation toggle button to start calculating the audience three hours prior to sending the campaign. You can use the option to prevent any possible delays in delivering campaigns that contain a lot of segments or suppressions.
- The Pre-Send Calculation option can be used only if you are scheduling the campaign to be sent after at least three hours. If you enable the Pre-Send Calculation toggle button and schedule the campaign under three hours, you will get an error.
Once the Pre-Send Calculation begins working (three hours before send time), the campaign gets locked and you can no longer edit the campaign.
- Optionally, you can send the email as a test email. The test email is sent to a random contact from the selected contacts. To make it easy to distinguish a test email in inbox, the keyword "[Test]" is appended in the subject line.
- Click Review to verify all the details of the campaign.
- Once you have verified the campaign information, click Schedule or Send.