This is a CNAME record which will make the links in your emails appear as your own domain instead of a redirect from our shared domain. The link branding domain will redirect to the ultimate target URL. That way, the link branding domain will be evaluated on the merits of your own sending practices instead of those of anyone else. To set this up, you need to create a CNAME record that references the server’s domain name. The most common way to do this is with a subdomain of your From domain.
Say, your From domain is “example.com”, then the link domain would be something like this: links.example.com
📋Note: Remember to replace "example.com" with your own domain when you set this up in production.
The domain your CNAME record references depends upon which cluster you log in to access Maropost Marketing Cloud.
- For clients who log in to app.maropost.com, the CNAME Record for your custom link tracking domain should point to: email-link-tracking.maropost.com
- For clients who log in to cloud.maropost.com, the CNAME Record for your custom link tracking domain should point to: cloud-email-link-tracking.maropost.com
- For clients who log in to cloud1.maropost.com, the CNAME Record for your custom link tracking domain should point to: cloud1-email-link-tracking.maropost.com
- Notify your Customer Success Manager as soon as you have set up your CNAME Record for your link branding domain so that Maropost can complete your account configuration.
- If there's any reason why you can't use a subdomain, it's possible to use a different domain, but it should be one that will match your branding and not make your recipients suspicious of your email.