A growth and attrition report is a type of custom report. To learn more about the custom reports including the growth and attrition reports, see Custom Reports: Overview.
Steps to Create a Growth and Attrition Report
To create a growth and attrition report, perform the following steps:
- In the Navigation, go to Analytics, and then select Custom Reports.
- On the Custom Reports Index page, click the New Custom Report button.
- Choose the report type and the report content. See STEP 1 – SELECT REPORT TYPE for details.
- Choose the metrics to be included in the report and specify the output and delivery medium for the report. See STEP 2 – DELIVERY for more details.
- Select a schedule for the report. See STEP 3 – SCHEDULE for more details.
- Finally, when you are done setting up the report, click Submit.
Once the report is generated, you can download the report from the Notification panel. You can also view and download the report from the Custom Reports Index page. In the Navigation, go to Analytics and then select Custom Reports.
STEP 1 – SELECT REPORT TYPE
In this step, you choose the report type and the report content. For a custom growth and attrition report, you must specify the date range and contact lists to be included in the report. As part of the criteria, you must specify at least one campaign tag, brand, or campaign.
Select the option: Growth and Attrition Report and then select from or enter values for the following:
- New Report Name: Enter the name of the report.
- From/To: Enter the date range for the report. The date range you enter will be used to select all campaigns that were delivered and responses received within that range. Both ‘from’ and ‘to’ dates are inclusive, that is, the report will be generated from 12 AM of the ‘from’ day to 11:59 PM of the ‘to’ day.
📋Note: The dates and times are in Eastern Time Zone.
- List: Select the contact lists that you want to include in the report. You can start typing the name of the list in the dynamic search bar to quickly find the campaigns you want.
The following screenshot shows the step 1 in creating the growth and attrition report:
STEP 2 – DELIVERY
In this step, you choose the metrics to be included in the report and specify the output and delivery medium for the report.
Select from or enter values for the following:
- Generate Report File Type: Select the file type for the output of the report.
- Select Time Format: Select the time format to be used for the report.
- Performance Metrics: Select the metrics that you want to include in the output file. When making a copy of an existing report, the fields that you selected in the original report will be pre-selected by default in the copy.
- Email Report: Select the Email the Report option if you want the report to be sent through an email. Enter the email address of the recipient and optionally, add a subject and description for the email.
The following screenshot shows the step 2 in creating the growth and attrition report:
STEP 3 – SCHEDULE
Select a schedule for the report.
- Schedule Once – Select this option if you just want the report to run once.
- Breakup Report by Days – If you select this option, then the data will be summarized for each date for the date range that you have specified in Step One. Since the majority of responses to an email campaign occur within 24 hours of send time, this option is helpful for marketers who want to analyze the "long tail” of their campaigns.
- Send Recurring – Select this option if you want the report to be sent to you on a recurring basis. You have the option to have the report sent to you on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. You also have the option to specify the time of day (in Eastern Time Zone) that the report will be generated.
- You must provide an email address to receive the recurring report (STEP 2 – DELIVERY)
- The totals in the report reflect the delivery and response data collected from the preceding time period based on the recurring interval that you have selected. For example, if on Wednesday, you created the custom report and selected the option to have the recurring report generated every day at 6 AM then Thursday’s report will include total delivery and response data collected from 6 AM Wednesday to 6 AM Thursday.
The following screenshot shows the step 3 in creating the growth and attrition report: