Release Date: 7th May 2020
In this release, we bring you some notable enhancements to the email builders along with few minor changes to the Navigation. The send test feature has been redesigned to satisfy all your use cases while making it more effortless. The step jumper functionality is introduced for easy navigation when editing the email campaigns. You may also want to familiarize yourself with the changes in the Navigation (albeit small) that were introduced in this release.
Read on for more details!
Enhancements and Changes
The 'Send Test' feature in our campaign builders gives you the ability to see a test version of the emails your recipients will see. With the new enhancements in place, sending test emails now allow more flexibility and convenience.
Here's what you can expect from this enhancement:
- You will find everything you need to send a test email in the same location - that is, step 4 of email campaign builder and step 2 of A/B campaign builder.
- The test email recipients do not have to be from the same contact lists that you have selected for the campaign. Irrespective of the contact lists selected for the campaign, you can select different contact lists or enter email addresses manually for sending the test email.
📋Note: When specifying the test email recipients, you can use lists or manual entry or both.
- You can send the test email to any 30 recipients of your choosing. Out of this total, you can select up to 20 contacts in the form of contact lists and manually enter up to 10 contacts in the form of email addresses.
📋Note: You can use multiple contact lists as long as the total number of contacts in the selected lists is limited to 20.
In email campaign builder flow, find the Send Test Email region on step 4, as shown below:
In A/B campaign builder flow, find the Send Test region on step 2, as shown below:
Campaign Creation - Step Jumper
When editing a finished campaign (saved as a draft or scheduled), you now have the flexibility to move in between the steps just by clicking the step progress bar on the top.
📋Note: After you make an edit, you can only move forward by clicking Next.
Here's how it works:
Changes in Navigation
We made minor changes to the Navigation in order to make it easier to find the features you want. Here's what changed:
- LIBRARY renamed to CONTENT
- Image library feature renamed to Images
- Template Library feature renamed to Email Templates
- Contacts feature renamed to Contact Lists
- Tags feature renamed to Contact Tags
- Email Campaign Tags renamed to Campaign Tags
- Segments feature moved up in the list so now it appears as the second item in the AUDIENCE section
Check out the updated Navigation below:
To see a summary of bug fixes for the month of May, see Bug Fixes - May 2020.