You can enable the advanced capabilities of web tracking by customizing your website’s tracking script. For an introduction to Maropost's web tracking feature, see Introduction to Web Tracking.
Enabling Advanced Capabilities of Web Tracking
Before you can enable the advanced web tracking, you must have the website added to the Maropost's web tracking interface. For more information, see Basic Web Tracking.
Perform the following steps to enable the advanced capabilities of web tracking:
- On the Web Tracking Index page, click the website domain name.
- Click the Script Builder button on the top-right side of the page. The Script Builder contains four tabs: Contact, Page, Funnels, and Orders.
- On each tab, you can enter your own customization to the web tracking script, as required.
- Contact: To pass values collected from your website into your Contacts database. To learn more, see Capturing Contact Profile Attributes.
- Page: To override the default page URL and page Title that the web tracking script records. To learn more, see Overriding Web Page Attributes.
- Funnels: To define web funnels that you will use to track the completion of a series of actions on your web site such as completing a shopping cart purchase, finishing a membership registration form, or completing a survey or questionnaire. To learn more, see Web Funnel Tracking.
- Orders: To pass purchased items from your shopping cart’s Thank You page into Maropost for Marketing's Product/Revenue database. To learn more, see Capturing Web Conversions.
- When you are done, click the Submit button.
After completing the steps, a new version for your web tracking script will be automatically included in the file name of the script.