A custom SMS campaign report is a detailed summary of your chosen SMS campaigns. You can specify the SMS campaigns and the metrics to be included in the report. The report is generated for the date range and contains metrics such as contacts, SMS sent, SMS delivered, delivery rate, replies received, replies rate, SMS undelivered/bounced, bounce rate, unsubscribed, unsubscribe rate, and so on.
To learn about all types of custom reports, see Custom Reports: Overview.
Creating a Custom SMS Campaign Report
To create a custom SMS campaign report, perform the following steps:
- In the Navigation, go to Analytics, and then select Custom Reports.
- On the Custom Reports Index page, click the New Custom Report button.
- On the New Custom Report Type page, select the report type as SMS Campaign.
- Select the schedule, and enter the date range and delivery details for the report. See Step 1 – Schedule & Delivery for more information.
- Choose the report details such as report name, report file type, date range, and SMS campaigns from which to retrieve the data. See Step 2 – Report Details for more information.
- Choose the metrics to be included in the report. See Step 3 – Report Metrics for more information.
- Finally, when you are done setting up the report, click Submit.
Once the report is generated, you can download the report from the Notification panel. You can also view and download the report from the Custom Reports Index page. In the Navigation, go to Analytics and then select Custom Reports to open the Custom Reports Index page.
Step 1 – Schedule & Delivery
Select the schedule, date range, and enter the delivery details for the custom report.
- Once – Select the option to generate the report once.
- Recurring – Select the option to generate the report on a recurring basis. You have the option to have the report sent to you on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. You also have the option to specify the time of day (in the Eastern Time Zone) on which the report will be generated.
- You must provide an email address to receive the recurring report.
- The totals in the report reflect the delivery and response data collected from the preceding time period based on the recurring interval that you have selected. For example, if on Wednesday, you created the custom report and selected the option to have the recurring report generated every day at 6 AM then Thursday’s report will include total delivery and response data collected from 6 AM Wednesday to 6 AM Thursday.
- Breakup Report by Days – If you enable this option, then the data will be summarized for each date for the date range that you have specified.
Campaign Date Range
Enter the date range for the report. The date range you enter is used to select all SMS campaigns that were delivered. Both 'from' and 'to' dates are inclusive, that is, the report is generated from 12 AM of the 'from' day to 11:59 PM of the 'to' day.
📋Note: The dates and times are in Eastern Time Zone.
Optionally, you can send the report through email. Enter the email address of the recipient, then specify a subject line and description for the email to be sent.
Step 2 – Report Details
Choose the report details such as report name, report file type, date format, date range, and SMS campaigns from which to retrieve the data.
Select from or enter values for the following fields:
- Report Name: Enter the name of the report.
- Report Type: Select the file type for the output of the report. The supported types are .cvs, .xls, .pdf, and .xlsx.
- Date Format: Select the date format in which the dates in the report are to be shown. Currently, the supported date formats are MM/DD/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY.
- Campaign Name: Select the SMS campaigns that you want to include in the report.
Step 3 – Report Metrics
Choose the metrics to be included in the report. The Mandatory Metrics section displays the metrics that will be included in the report output. Apart from those metrics, you have the option to include more as per your need using the Add Optional Metrics button.