Maropost for Marketing sends broadcast text messages to the list of contacts who have given their consent to receive promotional messages from you. To know more about SMS compliance, activating the SMS Campaign feature in Maropost, and managing the SMS campaigns, see SMS Campaigns.
To create a new SMS message, perform the following steps:
- In Navigation, go to CAMPAIGNS, and then select SMS Campaigns.
- On the SMS Campaigns index page, click the Compose Your Message button.
- In step 1 of the SMS Campaign creation, draft your campaign message. See Step 1: Compose for details.
- In step 2 of the SMS Campaign creation, select your audience and then schedule or send the SMS campaign. See Step 2: Send for details.
Step 1: Compose
Enter the SMS details such as message name and message text. The SMS Preview on the right-side panel shows how your message will be displayed to the contacts. You can also enter a test phone number to test the message.
This step contains the following fields:
- Message Name – Name for the SMS campaign.
- Message – You have a limit of 160 characters to draft your text message. You can include SMS Keywords in the message to facilitate interaction with your contacts. Your contacts can text you the specified Keyword to indicate a certain action. You can also include the contact tags to personalize the message.
📋 Note: If a special character (UCS-2) is used in the text message, the text limit reduces to 70 characters.
- Test Phone Number – If you’d like to test the text message before sending it to your contacts, enter a mobile number that you want to receive the test text message on.
The following screenshot shows step 1 - Compose page with sample data:
Step 2: Send
Select the SMS contact lists to send the campaign. To learn about creating and managing the SMS contact list, see Managing SMS Contacts.
Finally, you can send the campaign right away by clicking the Send Now button or save it as a draft by clicking the Save as Draft button. If you want to schedule the campaign to be sent later, then enable the Schedule SMS Campaign toggle button and you will have the option to select the date and time (in the Eastern time zone) on which the SMS campaign will be sent.
The following screenshot shows step 2 - Send page with sample data: