Using the HTML Code Content editor, you can create content simply by uploading an HTML file. Maropost loads the HTML exactly how you wrote it. After you upload your HTML file, you can make further edits in the code editor. You can use the tags available for content editors to include personalized information and real-time data in the content.
📋 Note: When you upload an HTML file rather than copying the source code, you maintain any responsive templates.
Creating Content in HTML Code Editor
Perform the following steps to create content using the HTML Code content editor:
- In Navigation, go to CONTENT, and then select Email Content.
- On the Email Content index page, click the New Content button. Then, on the New Content dialog box, enter a name for the content and select the 'HTML Code Editor' radio button before clicking the Save button.
- On the HTML Code editor, upload a file from which you want to get the content. You can make further edits to the HTML code on the editor. You can also select a template and insert tags to include personalized information.
The following is a brief description of the fields in HTML Code editor:
- Name – The name of the content.
- Templates – A list of templates from your Template library that you can use for the content.
- Insert Contact Tags – A set of predefined Contact tags that you can include to personalize your email content.
- Insert Campaign Tags – A set of predefined Campaign tags that you can use to include campaign-related information and unsubscribe options.
- Insert Dynamic Areas – A list of your Dynamic tags that enable you to include dynamic content based on the audience.
- Insert Table Tags – A list of Table tags that enable you to utilize the data from a relational table.
- Insert Other Tags – A set of predefined tags that you can use to populate real-time data in the content.
- Insert Web Funnel Tags – A list of your Web Funnel tags that enable you to access the Web Funnel line items in the content.
- Insert Coupon Tags – A list of coupon tags to include unique coupon codes from your Coupon Bank.
- Click Save to create and save the content.