You can enable reCAPTCHA for your Signup Forms as an additional layer of security from spam and abuse. Currently, we offer using Google reCAPTCHA service that helps distinguish between human and automated access to websites.
When creating a Signup Form, upon selecting 'Enable reCAPTCHA', you are required to provide the Site key and Secret key values. These keys are generated for each reCAPTCHA created at the Google reCAPTCHA website and are unique to one or more registered domains. You are required to create a Google reCAPTCHA and copy-paste the keys from there.
📋 Note: The Site key is used to render the reCAPTCHA in a page and the Secret key is used for server-side validation.
Perform the following steps to render a reCAPTCHA in Signup Forms (includes steps to create Google reCAPTCHA):
📋 Note: You must have a Google account.
- In step 1 of the Signup Form creation flow, select Enable reCAPTCHA.
- In the expanded panel below, click the 'Get Google reCAPTCHA Site Key and Secret Key for your account' link.
- On the 'Register a new site' page, enter a label name for the reCAPTCHA.
- In reCAPTCHA type, select reCAPTCHA v2 and then we recommend retaining the "I'm not a robot" Checkbox option selected.
- Add the domains that you want to register for the reCAPTCHA. You can use the reCAPTCHA for the domains that you add here and their sub-domains.
- Optionally, add more owners for the reCAPTCHA. Owners have access to the reports and receive alerts.
- Select the Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service checkbox.
- Click Submit.
- Copy the Site key and Secret key to the fields in step 1 of the Signup Form.